These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Upgrade Broke The Layout

wordpress tubepress-pro thumbnails

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 indiedogdesign

indiedogdesign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:31 AM

I installed the latest version of Tubepress and after a number of other issues, I am now trying to get the layout back that I worked so hard on.

1. Instead of neat rows of thumbnails I get one very long column of videos

2. I get the words "Title" and "Description" appearing next to the title and decription.

3. The css I added to customize the appearance isn't appearing.

I have looked around the forum, gone through all the options in settings and reloaded the CSS from my style sheet and I'm getting nowhere.

URL: http://automotiverhythms.com/artv/

Thank you.

Morag Reid

#2 indiedogdesign

indiedogdesign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:36 AM

One more thing - on the page this plugin is installed there is a gap at the top of the site betwwn the header and the admin bar. Its not like that on any other page.

#3 prosam

prosam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:28 AM

I've got the same issue but worst. Take a look. What is going on here?

lysmarisanchez.com/v1/videos/

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:14 AM

The spacing is caused by having Responsive Videos enabled, disabled and it'll fix itself.  This is a known bug we are working on the fix with the next release of TubePress.

In regards to the layout and the CSS, after you replace the CSS file to format properly, you need to place ?tubepress_clear_system_cache=true at the end of your sites URL.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 indiedogdesign

indiedogdesign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:11 AM

and where might I find that setting? Its not obvious.

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:52 PM

and where might I find that setting? Its not obvious.

Settings > TubePress > Player > Responsive Embeds checkbox.

Thanks

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#7 indiedogdesign

indiedogdesign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:48 AM

OK. Thats what I thought. I did that and it hasn't helped. I also tried the refreshing the page by using ?tubepress_clear_system_cache=true but it didn't make any difference.

#8 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:45 PM

Hello,

Your site seems to be ignoring the TubePress.css stylesheet. I see that the page loads the CSS, but it doesn't apply it to the thumbnails.

Are you using any minimizing or caching plugins?

There are two things to try:

1) Disable all plugins and see if TubePress Gallery is formatted properly.  If so, you can turn on each plugin one at a time and check the gallery formatting each time. Once it breaks, you found the offending plugin.

2) Uninstall and reinstall TubePress (you won't lose your settings or configuration)

Thanks!

#9 indiedogdesign

indiedogdesign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:38 AM

Hello,

I have tried both and still no joy :0(

Arrrrgh!

Morag

#10 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

indie,

Re-reading this post, you stated the gap is between the header and the admin bar of your page.  When you aren't logged in, do you see any issues?

Thanks!

#11 indiedogdesign

indiedogdesign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:17 AM

Its the same whenI am not logged in. But, frankly, the gap is a minor issue compared to the issue with the layout of the thumnails. Please lets focus on that.

#12 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:14 PM

Ok,

I think I know what the issue is, as another customer was having it as well.

Take a look at the end of this thread, you'll see the fix

Thanks!

#13 indiedogdesign

indiedogdesign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:38 AM

Well that fixed the layout, but its not seeing any of the settings I have in Tubepress>Thumbnails (should be 120px hight x 210px wide), nor is it getting any of the custom CSS I added.

#14 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:57 PM

Hello,

In looking at the HTML output of your site using Firebug, I see that the height and width are correct, see image below.

Attached File  2015-05-18_23-54-23.png   10.31KB   0 downloads

Thanks!

#15 indiedogdesign

indiedogdesign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

I can see that! The point is that it is not rendering that way. They are clearly not 210px x 120px .  Its not a caching issue. Its the same in Firefox, Chrome AND Explorer.

tubepress-screenshot.jpg

#16 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:22 PM

So, I found the problem:

.tubepress_thumb {
    float: left;
    font-size: 11px;
    height: 175px;
    line-height: 1.1em;
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 120px;
}

in Tubepress.css for your legacy-default theme.

Change it to:

.tubepress_thumb {
    float: left;
    font-size: 11px;
    line-height: 1.1em;
    overflow: hidden;
}

And you should be all set!

#17 indiedogdesign

indiedogdesign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:08 AM

Brandon,

Sorry - totally dropped the ball on this.

I found a tubepress.css file under Plugins>Tubepress>src>main>web>css

I couldn't find it anywhere else, but it doesn't specify the legacy-default theme, nor can I find the code you quote above.

I'm guessing I am looking in the wrong place. Can you tell me where this file can be found.

Thanks

Morag

#18 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:45 PM

Morag,

Its located at wp-content\tubepress_pro_4_1_8\web\themes\legacy-default\css\tubepress.css

Thanks!

#19 indiedogdesign

indiedogdesign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:39 AM

Hi Brandon,

Sorry to be a PIYO but I don't have that either.

Tubepress folders have been installed in 2 places - wp-content>tubepress-content>themes> contains no css file.

tubepress1.png

The other place is in Plugins>tubepress>src>main>web>css>tubepress.css - this is the only place I can l;ocate a css file associated with Tubepress.

tubepress2.png

I double checked te version I am using and it is 4.1.8

Morag

#20 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:46 PM

Morag,

Please make sure you look in the proper location as the location I provided you above is correct. (I took it straight from my 4.1.8 dev environment)  In your screenshot, you are showing a different path than what I provided.

Thanks!