These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Invalid Signature For Vimeo

wordpress vimeo

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Adam Stern

Adam Stern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

I am using TubePress 3.1.6.  I have a simple "[tubepress]" shortcode on my page, no extra parameters.

In my settings, I put in my Vimeo Consumer ID and Secret.  For the source, I selected "Videos in this Vimeo channel" and tried both the channel ID and channel title. 

When I load the page, I get a message: "Vimeo responded to TubePress with an error: Invalid signature"

Please advise.  Thank you!

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:31 AM

Can you please provide a link to a page where you are having this issue and make sure tubepress debugging is enabled?

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 Adam Stern

Adam Stern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

Sure, ty!

Example 1: http://r42.reveal42.com/

Example 2: http://harrisbrwdd.morfie.net/videos/

I went to the "Advanced" tab and made sure "Enable debugging" was checked.

Thank you.

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:44 AM

Hello,

Please verify that the consumer key and secret you put into the Feed section of TubePress settings is correct.

"The oauth_signature passed was not valid."

That's the response we are getting from Vimeo.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 Adam Stern

Adam Stern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:26 AM

Yes, they seem to match.

Here is a screenshot of them both.  The full strings are obscured for security reasons:

http://puu.sh/gtbPY/71f596acf5.png

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:49 PM

Adam,

I'm not sure why its saying that the signature is invalid. perhaps you can sign up for new credentials from vimeo and try that?

thanks!

#7 Adam Stern

Adam Stern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:20 PM

Do you mean sign up for an entirely new Vimeo account?  Meaning I'd have to move all of my videos, channels, and albums as well?  Or are you referring to something solely on the Vimeo Developers site?

#8 Adam Stern

Adam Stern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:24 PM

As a follow up, even though TubePress isn't working, I'm able to do things using the Vimeo OAuth2 Playground:

https://developer.vi...s/886014/videos

I noticed the secret key that I have has a "/" in it.  Is it being encoded correctly when sent to the API from Tubepress?

#9 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:03 PM

I have sent you a Private Message containing some private information from your site.

Please review and respond

Thanks!

#10 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:11 PM

Hi Adam,

Just to rule out a few possibilities, could you try swapping out your existing TubePress installation with the latest (version 4.0.8 as of this writing) from here? If you get the same error message with TubePress 4.x.x, then we can pretty much rule out a bug in the code.

It would also be a good idea to verify that your server's clock is correct. Upload the following PHP file to your server and view the output in a web browser to verify:

<?php

date_default_timezone_set('UTC');

echo 'The time right now is ' . date('r');

#11 Adam Stern

Adam Stern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:20 PM

HI!  I ran the script about a minute ago, here is what I got:

The time right now is Sun, 15 Mar 2015 00:19:23 +0000

I installed the new version that you provide, 4.0.8, but it wouldn't activate:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Warning: require(F:\..censored..\wp-content\plugins\tubepress/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Test/Function.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in F:\..censored..\wp-content\plugins\tubepress\vendor\ehough\pulsar\src\main\php\ehough\pulsar\MapClassLoader.php on line 58

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'F:\..censored..\wp-content\plugins\tubepress/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Test/Function.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in F:\..censored..\wp-content\plugins\tubepress\vendor\ehough\pulsar\src\main\php\ehough\pulsar\MapClassLoader.php on line 58

#12 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:23 PM

Adam,

It not activating is usually a sign that the package was corrupted, either when you downloaded it to your computer, or when you uploaded it to your server.

Please try downloading it again and try to activate it then.

Thanks!

#13 Adam Stern

Adam Stern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:04 AM

I tried downloading it 3 different ways, on multiple systems.  Every time I tried it, I got the same error as I posted previously.

#14 Adam Stern

Adam Stern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:05 AM

Can I privately give you my wp-admin creds so you can try it and see?

Thanks.

#15 Adam Stern

Adam Stern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

According to the error message, there is a folder in the "./tubepress/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig' folder called "Test" which is missing.  This is not the result of a corrupted zip.  I'm guessing the source ZIP that I downloaded has an error.

I downloaded Twig and re-added that folder, and that specific error message was fixed, however "IntegrationTestCase.php" inside that Test folder now wants PHPUnit. :(

Please let me know if the original Tubpress 4.0.8 zip file can be updated to include the libraries it is missing.

Thanks!

#16 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:59 PM

Hi,

I was able to download and install TubePress 4.0.8 from our website and install and activate it on a production WP site with no issues.

If you would like to provide me with credentials, you can PM them to me.

Thanks!