These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

When Video Closes My Website Closes Too

wordpress tubepress-pro vimeo

Best Answer eric, 26 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

That's good to know, thanks. I have filed a bug report so that this doesn't slip through the cracks. Feel free to "watch" that GitHub issue if you would like to track updates to it.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 juantauber

juantauber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

I'm having a big issue when using chrome to view my WordPress website.

My videos are organized in albums on vimeo. This albums are embedded on my website using tubepress pro (I updated to latest version today). When I click on one of the video thumbnails, the video plays using fancybox. when I close the fancybox window, the tab containing my website simultaneously closes taking me away from my site. To get back on it I am forced to open a new tab and type the URL again to load my site again.

How can this be solved? 

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

Juan,

Kindly provide a link to your site so we can see this issue first hand and troubleshoot.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 juantauber

juantauber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

This is my website:

www.letca.com

In this page you can see the vimeo album and how the problem happens

http://letca.com/dir...marcelo-burgos/

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

Hi Juan,

I am using Firefox and not having this issue. What OS and browser are you experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 juantauber

juantauber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

Brandon,

Thanks for your reply. The problem happens with google chrome.

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

Hi Juan,

I just checked your site using Google Chrome and had no issues watching a number of your videos and then closing out of the player at any time.

Have you fully updated your Chrome to the newest version? Also, what OS are you using?

Thanks!

#7 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:39 PM

Juan,

One other thing: Have you tried accessing your site from a different computer using Chrome?  See if the issue continues.

Thanks!

#8 juantauber

juantauber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

Brandon,

This is strange. My computer keeps having this issue. I'm using the latest version of Chrome My computer runs on OSX 10.9.4. 

I tried it in 2 other computers at the office, both running the latest version of chrome. One, using OSX 10.9.4 had no issues. The other running OSX 10.8.5 wouldn't even open the videos when I clicked the thumbnail. The computer would only show a spinning wheel thinking.

#9 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

This issue also does not occur for me. I tested with Safari 7.0.6, Chrome 36, and Firefox 31 - all on Mac OS X 10.9.4.

A few more questions:

1. Does the problem occur when you close the Fancybox overlay for any video?

2. Have you tried testing your site in icognito mode? This might help rule out any Chrome add-ons that are interfering.

Thanks!

#10 juantauber

juantauber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

Eric,

I went to my website in incognito mode and the issue stopped happening. I started troubleshooting by disabling my chrome extensions and I found that the source of the issue is an add on called Do Not Disturb!

Here is a link to their site: http://www.browsesimple.com/

I have now disabled Do Not Disturb! and TubePress is working correctly again. 

I hope there is a way to fix this in the future version of TubePress so that people who are using this extension can navigate my website without any issues.

#11 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:21 AM   Best Answer

That's good to know, thanks. I have filed a bug report so that this doesn't slip through the cracks. Feel free to "watch" that GitHub issue if you would like to track updates to it.