These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Tinybox Vimeo Api Video Description

tubepress-pro wordpress vimeo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shadesofgraywpg

shadesofgraywpg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

Related to Tubepress-Pro, Wordpress, Vimeo & Tinybox, my question is:

Using Tinybox (viewing in a modal window) to display a Vimeo video, is it possible to pull in a portion of that Vimeo video's description to display, say underneath the video inside the modal window?

Here's what I'm hoping to achieve with this:

There's a tutorial video on how to use camera equipment. I'd like to be able to pull up say the first 400 characters of the vimeo description (which would include text and a couple of URL links to click to store items for people to find the equipment online). The character count limit isn't completely necessary, I can live with a full video description feed. I just need to know if this is possible, and if it is - how I could get it to display within or underneath the Tinybox Modal Window.

Let's use this video as a random example: https://vimeo.com/81956175.

And now, to get the text "We kept hearing story after story about how these two knew they were meant for each other..." etc to display as seen on the vimeo video page.

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

Hi ShadesofGray,

Eric is writing up his response to your post and the correct way to hack the template files to get what you want to work properly.

Thanks for your patience!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:45 PM

Hi ShadesofGray,

I was just informed that the easiest way to do this will be to wait until TubePress 4.0.0 comes out (there should be a beta available by the end of the month) as this is one of the many wonderful new features and possibilities of TubePress 4.0.0

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#4 shadesofgraywpg

shadesofgraywpg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

Hey Brandon,

Really looking forward to TubePress 4.0.0, and secretly hoping the customizations I'd done with help from the dev team on this from on current version will nicely work after the transition :). High hopes I know!

I hadn't seen a Beta - any estimate of delivery on 4.0 by chance?

#5 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:24 AM

Hi ShadesOfGray,

Unfortunately, I do not have an estimate of delivery, however I can tell you that we are very, very close to releasing the Beta. My guess (don't hold me to it too tightly) is that it will be available in the next week or two, however it could be longer.

Thanks!