These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Tubepress - Widget Does Not Offer Visibility Option For Use On Specific Page

wordpress

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 David Youngs

David Youngs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

I hope someone can help out with a couple of questions I have regarding the Tubepress plugin for WP (http://tubepress.com or http://community.tubepress.com/)

[1] The plugin works great but when I use it as a widget (say in the main sidebar) the Jetpack option of 'visibility' for widgets (where you can select a widget to appear on specific pages only) just isnt there - anyone know how to fix this?. What I'm trying to do is have something like a 'latest video' sidebar widget on (say) only my home page, but not on pages like my ecommerce shop etc. Other plugins' widgets all offer the 'visibility' option which allows me to select whether the widget is displayed (or not) depending on criteria I choose (like page title etc.)

[2] It also seems you can only have one single instance of the plugin. Anyone know how to add multiple instances? I did find

which seems to have some sort of answer, but being new to WP/coding I'm not sure I grasp the "I then called this page where i wanted in my theme with a new WP_Query();" instantly...

On the same subject I found 

which featured comments from the developer saying that this was being worked on, but that thread is currently stale for over a year now, with no solution.

Many thanks!
David

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Hi David,

We are aware of the current limitations of the widget and it is on our roadmap to give the widget a first-class status.  However, TubePress Pro does offer a workaround for this where in you can use TubePress in WordPress templates.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!