These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Tubepress Shortcode Within Custom Fields

tubepress-pro wordpress

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Firstbase

Firstbase

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

Overall, I am a happy TubePress Pro user. My question relates to using the TubePress shortcode within custom fields in Wordpress. I am using a ThemeForest theme called "Maxima" and it uses custom Page Options (columns, galleries, messages, etc...) in drag-and-drop fashion. I've successfully used several shortcodes within these custom fields (such as Vimeography), but for some reason the TubePress shortcode doesn't work. Is there a workaround for this? Thanks!

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

Hello FirstBase,

The TubePress shortcode should work with no problem.

Please try entering the shortcode using the text editor, instead of the visual editor.

Let us know.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 Firstbase

Firstbase

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

The custom fields don't distinguish between visual and text editors. The theme creator says shortcodes should work within the Page Builder/Option elements, but as I mentioned, the Tubepress shortcode is one of the few that doesn't. All I see when viewing the page in that field is the shortcode itself, not what it calls for. I should mention that the Tubepress shortcode works perfectly in the default page editor area, just not in the custom fields of the Page Builder. I'll keep playing around with it. Thanks.