These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Cross Domain Ajax - Apache Htaccess File - Shared Server

wordpress thumbnails

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 worldnewsreader

worldnewsreader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Support -

I am using TubePress 3.0.1 on a WP 3.5.1 installation on a shared linux server (PHP 5.2).

The videos and thumbnails display great for both YouTube and Vimeo, and the first video runs without issue.  The thumbnails either do not load videos or simply fade out the video box (depending on the browser).  I am thinking that this issue is due to the Cross Domain Ajax issue as my Site and Wordpress URL are both set to www.worldnewsreader.com but the tubepress documentation indicates that the ajax call is most likely to worldnewsreader.com.  I am fairly versatile with manipulating my .htaccess file but I still can't seem to get the thumbnails to load properly.

I've deactivated all the existing plugins to better isolate troubleshooting this issue, and you can view the tubepress installation at www.worldnewsreader.com/trendingnow.  I'd greatly appreciate if you can provide the necessary mod rewrite to insert into my .htaccess file so that I can get the thumbnails to load properly.

Thank you.

jcarrier

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Hi jcarrier,

Have you followed the troubleshooting and fix steps here: http://tubepress.com...oss_Domain_Ajax

After verifying that the issue you are having is actually a corss-domain Ajax error, you can make a simple change to your htaccess file.

Here is a good website with information about htaccess files:  http://www.webconfs....t-a-webpage.php

Please note: TubePress is in no way related to this linked site.

Let us know!

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!