These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Description Length

wordpress

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jspike

jspike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

I cannot seem to get the full description to show no matter what I do it keeps truncating - even with the limit set to "0".  Any idea how to increase this to show the full description?

http://www.landaas.c...ey-talk-videos/

Thanks!

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

svorass,

The YouTube API allows descriptions up to 500 characters, so you may not get the "entire" description if it is especially long, but you should be able to get most of them.

Please check WP Admin > Settings > TubePress > Meta > "Maximum description length" and ensure that it is set to '0'

Let us know.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 jspike

jspike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

Thanks For getting back!  Yes - I had read that youtube allows 500 characters in previous posts.  I do indeed have the meta description set to '0'.  I've also tried '500' but that didn't work either.  You'll see that description is still short.  I've seen other comments with the same issue but haven't found a solution yet.  Is it perhaps a bug in the plugin?  I personally don't mind it - but my client is needing the full description to show.  Currently it will cut off after about 2 sentences with a '...'.   Is there something I can adjust in the functions?  Thanks.

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

svorass,

I have passed this off to our developers to see if they can figure out what is wrong with it. I will hopefully have a response for you shortly.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 jspike

jspike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

Thanks Brandon.  Look forward to seeing what the solution is.  

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

Hi Svorass,

Unfortunately YouTube has changed their API and are now truncating the description lengths.

Please go here: https://code.google....s/detail?id=353

and star this issue in order to track updates to it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks!