These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Can't Get Jw Player To Work In Tubepress Pro

wordpress

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 James Israel

James Israel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

I installed the JW Player, as described in the documentation, putting it in the /public_html/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_0_1/src/main/web/flash/longtail folder, but when I choose JW Player in Tubepress plugin admin, no player shows on the page, just a blank spot where it should be.

Btw, I think you ought to make it clear in the options page for setting up the player in admin that the JW Player needs to be manually installed. There's no indication of that, so I had to go searching for an answer.

Unfortunately, even though I found the answer in your documentation, it still doesn't work.

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hi james,

The issue is that TubePress does not currently work properly with JW Player 6.

Please download JW Player 5 from our resources: https://github.com/e.../flash/longtail

Once you place those files into your TubePress install, JW Player should begin to work just fine.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 James Israel

James Israel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

Where do you put that file? I found a file called simply player.swf at that link, but I see no file by that name to replace in the longtail folder. Is it another folder somewhere?

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

James,

You should remove the other files from that folder (on your site) and place just the player.swf inside that folder.  It should then work properly.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 James Israel

James Israel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

I did that, and all I get is a blank gallery - no player, no thumbnails.

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:11 AM

Please post a link to a test page that has JWPlayer as the player and enable TubePress debugging.

If you don't want to post the link, you can send it to me via a Private Message.

Thanks!

#7 James Israel

James Israel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

Can I make JWPlayer the player for just one page? If so, how?

#8 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Sure, just use the playerImplementation option in your shortcode on that page with a value of longtail. e.g.

[tubepress playerImplementation="longtail"]

Make sense?

#9 James Israel

James Israel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Ok, I've done that on: http://www.humortime...mor-videos-old/

#10 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

James,

Unfortunately on the page you linked to, there is an error with TubePress. 

Could you please insert the following Shortcode to your TubePress instance on that page

[tubepress debugging_enabled="false" playerImplementation="longtail"]

Thanks!

#11 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

The error message displayed is a result of a regression bug introduced in 3.0.1. It was fixed in this commit. You can perform a hot fix by replacing your copies of the following two files with the linked copies...