These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Pagination Not Working

wordpress thumbnails

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 James Israel

James Israel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Pagination is no longer working on my Tubepress setup, for some reason. I have the Pro version, 3.0.

The buttons for the pages are there, but when you click on one, it either loads a page with no videos at all on it, or just the player, no gallery.

Another strange and very disturbing thing is, after trying to use the pagination, if I go to any other gallery on my site, no videos load AT ALL! I have to clear my browser cache & refresh in order for them to show.

Please help!!!

http://www.humortime...2-funny-videos/

(This is not related to my other issue with the multiple playlists in another topic on this forum, these are my old galleries that were working fine before.)

PS I clicked the link TubePress 3.0.0 – 3rd and Final Release Candidate on my Wordpress admin page, and it won't let me download the 3rd release (I'm not sure if that's the one I have already or not). It wants to charge me, and when I click the link saying "Already a member? Log in" it takes me back to this part of the forum, and won't let me download the plugin.

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

The error message I'm seeing is

name lookup timed out

That means that your webserver was unable to perform a DNS resolution within a reasonable amount of time (I believe by default it's set to 5 seconds). I would suggest opening a support ticket with your hosting provider. You can point them to this URL which demonstrates the problem. I would also tell that that TubePress is trying to connect to http://gdata.youtube.com over port 80. They should be able to provide better insight.

What do you think?

#3 James Israel

James Israel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

I check with them. Meanwhile, can you tell if I've got the newest 3.0.0? I can't download it, as I said.

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Sorry - forgot to add TubePress 3.0.0.RC3 to the new site here but have just done so now: http://community.tub...ase-candidate/. Please let me know if you still experience any trouble downloading it. Obviously we are still putting out some fires with the new community site.

I'm updating that blog post now. Thanks!

#5 James Israel

James Israel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Hi, I'm just getting around to checking the server configuration. It appears to be set up to listen on 80. How does the URL you provided demonstrate the problem, as you said? It appears to have all the videos, I don't see a problem.

The pagination still isn't working though.

#6 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Hi,

I'm still seeing the "name lookup timed out" error, at least intermittently. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/eenesGV.png. In my testing, I'm getting the error like 80-90% of the time. Since this file is used to fetch the next page in your gallery, this explains why pagination hardly works.

As I mentioned before, this error means that your server is having trouble performing DNS resolution. So one way or another, I would still follow up with your host as this is a very basic task for your server that that appears to be failing often. They should be able take action on the problem.

But in the meantime, here's a fix that should prevent the error, or at least nearly eliminate it. Open up the file

tubepress_pro_3_0_0/vendor/ehough/shortstop/src/main/php/ehough/shortstop/impl/transports/CurlTransport.php

with your favorite text editor. You'll want to change line 187 and line 194 from

curl_setopt_array($this->_handle, array(

CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT => 5,
    CURLOPT_HEADER         => true,
    CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION   => CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_0,
    CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS      => 5,
    CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER => true,
    CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST => 2,
    CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER => true,
    CURLOPT_TIMEOUT        => 5,
    CURLOPT_URL            => $request->getUrl()->toString(),
    CURLOPT_USERAGENT      => $request->getHeaderValue(ehough_shortstop_api_HttpRequest::HTTP_HEADER_USER_AGENT),

));

to

curl_setopt_array($this->_handle, array(

CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT => 15,
    CURLOPT_HEADER         => true,
    CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION   => CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_0,
    CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS      => 5,
    CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER => true,
    CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST => 2,
    CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER => true,
    CURLOPT_TIMEOUT        => 15,
    CURLOPT_URL            => $request->getUrl()->toString(),
    CURLOPT_USERAGENT      => $request->getHeaderValue(ehough_shortstop_api_HttpRequest::HTTP_HEADER_USER_AGENT),

));

As you can probably figure out from the code change, we're bumping up the timeout from 5 to 15 seconds. I'm actually planning on making 15 seconds the default for TubePress 3.0.1 and above, so I'm very curious to see how the patch works for you.

Let us know! Thanks