These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Any 3.0.0+ Version Doesn't Work

tubepress-pro

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ben Lovegrove

Ben Lovegrove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:02 AM

I've been using 3.0.0 Pro for a year.  It works and does most of the things it should, but each time I try to upgrade (deactivate, delete, FTP upload, activate) I can't get the latest version to work.  I've deleted or deativated all but essential plugins, cleared the cache etc.

I reported this back in July in a similar thread but was told to start a new thread.  I didn't because I didn't have the time, so now I see that 3.1.4 is released and I thought I'd try again.

Same problem.

1.  No TP entry in the Settings menu in WP

2.  None of the videos in previously published posts display (just the code)

These are standalone WP sites.  Why does no version after 3.0.0 work?

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

Hi Ben,

I'm sorry that you are having so many problems with TubePress.  Could you please inform us what version of WordPress you are using, as well as what version of PHP?  There are some great directions here: http://tubepress.com...ck_Requirements if you need assistance finding any of this information.

Let us know.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 Ben Lovegrove

Ben Lovegrove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

Hi Brandon,

It's the latest WP version.  I keep all my sites up to date at all times.  The PHP version is later than the minimal requirement too.

#4 Ben Lovegrove

Ben Lovegrove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

Check TubePress requirements...

Check (1 / 4): PHP version... OK (detected PHP version 5.3.14)

Check (2 / 4): DOM extension... OK (detected dom extension version 20031129)

Check (3 / 4): PCRE extension... WARN (pcre detected, but unable to determine version - please manually verify the version below.)

Check (4 / 4): mbstring extension... OK (detected mbstring extension)

PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) Support enabled PCRE Library Version 8.12 2011-01-15

#5 Ben Lovegrove

Ben Lovegrove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

Hi Brandon,

Any suggestions?  I've just tried a clean install of v3.1.5 and there's no change.  A published page only shows the shortcode.

I notice that there's no menu entry for Tubepress in the Settings menu in WP admin either.

This is the problem I've had since 3.0.0 so I can't use any version but that one. 

I tried to pay you today for TubeExpress but that failed too :(

#6 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:34 AM

Hi Ben,

I've just tried a clean install of v3.1.5 and there's no change.  A published page only shows the shortcode.

I notice that there's no menu entry for Tubepress in the Settings menu in WP admin either.

This is the problem I've had since 3.0.0 so I can't use any version but that one.

First I'd like to echo Brandon's apologies for your trouble! This is definitely a strange issue - one that we haven't seen before. So 3.0.0 works on your site without a problem. A few questions:

1. Are you able to tell us exactly which version after 3.0.0 was the first one that didn't work? I'm very interested in find the first broken version so we can at least start to pinpoint the problem.

2. Does TubePress Pro show up as "Active" at WP Admin > Plugins ? I understand that it's not making its way into the Settings menu.

3. When inside your WordPress dashboard, what happens if you add ?tubepress_debug=true to the end of the URL? e.g. wp-admin/index.php?tubepress_debug=true. Do you get any debug output?

I tried to pay you today for TubeExpress but that failed too :(

Yikes! Could you tell us exactly how it failed? I see a "cancelled" invoice under your account, but nothing that would indicate a payment failure. Definitely let me know as we are obviously keen to iron out the remaining bugs in TubePress Express.

Thanks very much and I look forward to resolving these issues.

#7 Ben Lovegrove

Ben Lovegrove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:28 AM

1. Are you able to tell us exactly which version after 3.0.0 was the first one that didn't work? I'm very interested in find the first broken version so we can at least start to pinpoint the problem.

2. Does TubePress Pro show up as "Active" at WP Admin > Plugins ? I understand that it's not making its way into the Settings menu.

3. When inside your WordPress dashboard, what happens if you add ?tubepress_debug=true to the end of the URL? e.g. wp-admin/index.php?tubepress_debug=true. Do you get any debug output?

Yikes! Could you tell us exactly how it failed? I see a "cancelled" invoice under your account, but nothing that would indicate a payment failure. Definitely let me know as we are obviously keen to iron out the remaining bugs in TubePress Express.

Hi Eric,

1. I first tried when the two releases after 3.0.0 were announced about a year ago, but when they failed I reverted to the earlier version and have continued with that ever since.  I have tried 3.1.4 and 3.1.5 in the last few weeks.
  2. Yes, the plugin is active.  All criteria are the same as when using 3.0.0
  3. Yes, I see output.  There's too much to post here and some of it is sensitive, but the last line is: [2014-01-08 13:26:02] [ERROR] TubePress Bootstrapper: Caught exception while booting: Invalid host ()
  4.  I tried paying for Express using a CC but it kept saying my number was wrong even though I checked it three times, so I tried PayPal but the Confirm button wasn't live.  I was in FireFox (latest).

#8 Ben Lovegrove

Ben Lovegrove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

Hi,

Nothing to add then?