These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Thumbnails And Appearance Great, However Videos Won't Play When Clicked

wordpress

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 scrappy

scrappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

I purchased Tubepress Pro and have the most current version.  I also have the most current version of Wordpress.  When I put the tubepress shortcode on my page the large video and thumbnails all show up beautifully.  However, when I click on the main video or any of the thumbnails, they will not play.  Please Help.

scrappy

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

Scrappy,

Please post a link to your site so that we may assist you.  If you do not wish to make it public, please send it to me in a Private Message.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 Seth S

Seth S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

Hi, I'm having the same issue. The thumbnails are displaying, but the videos won't play. Here's the link to the site: http://184.172.141.2...nnan/broadcast/. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

Seth,

You have two 404 Not Found Errors:

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://184.172.141.215/~mdrennan/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_0_1/src/main/web/players/shadowbox/lib/shadowbox.js"
shadowbox.js
"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://184.172.141.215/~mdrennan/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_0_1/src/main/web/players/shadowbox/lib/shadowbox.css

The reason for this is that due to licensing and copyright issues, shadowbox is not included in the Pro Version.

Please follow the directions here: http://tubepress.com...ss_Pro_Installs to get shadowbox working properly.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 Seth S

Seth S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Hi Brandon, I've added the shadowbox.js code and now the site will dim like it should, but the videos still won't play. I've used the plugin on several other sites before, all without issue. Not sure why the latest version of the plugin won't seem to work. Any other suggestions would be most helpful. 

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:46 AM

Seth,

Here are the new errors your site is reporting:

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://184.172.141.215/~mdrennan/wp-content/plugins/tubepress/src/main/web/js/ajaxPagination.js"
ajaxPagination.js

GET http://184.172.141.215/~mdrennan/wp-content/plug...th=425&playerLocation=normal&galleryId=666580203

302 Moved Temporarily

So basically, it can't find the ajaxPagination.js file and something is causing a 302 Temp redirect for the ajaxEndpoint.php

You can use FireBug (a free add-on for Firefox) to see and troubleshoot these issues.

You can follow the directions here: http://tubepress.com...hoot:ClientSide

Let us know.

Thanks!

#7 Seth S

Seth S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

Brandon,

I believe these most recent errors were due to the fact that I had switched from the payed to the free version. I've switched back to the payed and I believe I've corrected the errors I can. However, it still does not work. Shadowbox works and a video box will appear when I click a thumbnail but it simply won't play.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

#8 scrappy

scrappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

http://lawabidingbiker.com/video/

That is the link to my site "video" page......go to the very bottom and I have videos displaying using Tubepress Pro, but they won't play.  Please help.

scrappy

#9 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:33 AM

Scrappy,

Something is "blocking" the tubepress thumbnails from being clickable as links.  I'm going to look into this a little more, but in the mean time, could you please try disabling all of your plugins, testing TubePress, and then, if it works, slowly start re-enabling your plugins one by one and testing TubePress after you enable each one?

I know it's a time consuming task, but it is the quickest way to find out which, if any, of your plugins are affecting TubePress.

Let us know.

Thanks!

#10 Seth S

Seth S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

Brandon, 

I've tried the same advice you gave to Scrappy, and it's still not working for us either. 

#11 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

Seth,

Your site is still returning a 302 Temporary Move error when trying to execute the ajaxEndpoint.php file.

Please check your htaccess file (if on Linux host) or web.config (IIS host) and ensure that you do not have any redirects or rewrites in place.

Once removed, everything should work properly.

Let us know.

Thanks!

#12 Seth S

Seth S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Brandon, 

I've checked the htaccess file, and there are no redirects or rewrites in place. This used to be the best video plugin available, but I'm beginning to question that now. What else do you suggest?

#13 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

Seth,

As you can see in the attached print screen, you ajaxEndpoint.php file is, indeed, returning a 302 error.  If you can not find the cause of this, I suggest contacting your hosting provider for more assistance.

Attached File  Untitled.png   72.84KB   0 downloads

Let us know.

Thanks!

#14 Hoppy44

Hoppy44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hi there

Forgive me, I've looked through some of threads here, but can't see exactly how/if this is resolved. Same issue here... been using and liking Tubepress for awhile... upgraded the plugin... didn't change anything else... and now the thumbnails don't work.

http://www.thehopkin...ort.com/videos/

Please advise

Thanks!

Jim

#15 Seth S

Seth S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Brandon, 

The site is hosted on Host Gator, who I have used many times for multiple sites in the past using TubePress without issue. Since the most recent update to the plugin, it no longer works. That has to be a solution to this from the plugin side, as it worked fine on before the most recent update. 

#16 Hoppy44

Hoppy44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

As a follow-up to my earlier question and maybe to help others, Tubepress actually was interfering with my site's CSS design/layout. I hadn't noticed anything wrong with my site since I always use Firefox and the page must have been cached. But I was looking at it in Safari and all the design was gone... it was as if it was reading a mobile version. I checked on my iPhone and same thing. I got on IM with a wordpress friend and he saw the same thing in Chrome and Safari.

He started digging around and saw a reference to Tubepress that looked out of sorts, so he said as an initial test, disable the plugin to see if that works. I did so and that corrected the issue. I have nothing against the plugin, just letting you know my experience and how I solved it. When a new version comes out I'll try it again, but obviously checking for other conflicts along with the 'thumbnails don't work' issue.  Thanks.

#17 Seth S

Seth S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

@Brandon, 

There is no ajaxEndpoint.php file in the Tubepress plugin folder. Is there supposed to be one?

#18 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:46 PM

Seth,

Yes, the ajaxEndpoint.php file should be located here:

\wp-content\plugins\tubepress_pro_3_0_1\src\main\php\scripts

If it is not there, please try uninstalling/reinstalling Tubepress and see if that resolves your issues.

Let us know.

Thanks!

#19 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

Hoppy,

Please use the text editor in wordpress, instead of the visual editor, and try entering the shortcode that way into your page.

Also, check under WP Admin > Settings > Tubepress > Advanced > 'shortcode keyword' and make sure that you are using the same keyword(s) typed there on your pages and posts to invoke Tubepress.

Let us know.

Thanks!

#20 Seth S

Seth S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

Brandon,

I've uninstalled, re-downloaded and re-installed. Still no success. The plugin used to work right out of the box without issue. Since the upgrade it doesn't. Another site we built last year was using the plugin without issue. Since the upgrade, it no longer works either, as you can see here: http://www.pennyroyalscuba.com/videos/

I'm not sure what else to do here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wordpress