These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Pre-Sale questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Oren Le

Oren Le

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

Hi,
I have couple of questions before purchasing tubepress:

[1] I tried "Contus Video Gallery Plugin" and it had a problem displaying some of youtube videos and displayed a message saying: "This video has restrictions to play other than youtube player". Does TubePress has the same issue?

[2] I want to have multiple video "homepages". I want to have different Cattegories of my choice which will display certain videos of my choice. (Comedy, Doco, etc.) but to still have the structure as in homepage - One featured banner video and thumbnails below it. Is it possible to do with TubePress?

[3] Is there a way to have multiple video galleries?

Thanks,
Oren

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:32 AM

Hello,

[1] I tried "Contus Video Gallery Plugin" and it had a problem displaying some of youtube videos and displayed a message saying: "This video has restrictions to play other than youtube player". Does TubePress has the same issue?

Some videos have embedding restrictions, and sometimes those restrictions are region-specific. TubePress will do its best to play every video it possibly can. I would recommend experimenting with the free version of TubePress to see if your videos embed and play as you want them to.

[2] I want to have multiple video "homepages". I want to have different Cattegories of my choice which will display certain videos of my choice. (Comedy, Doco, etc.) but to still have the structure as in homepage - One featured banner video and thumbnails below it. Is it possible to do with TubePress?

Sure. On one of your pages you could have a shortcode such as

[tubepress mode="tag" tagValue="comedy"]
which would show a gallery of comedy-related videos. Then on another page you could have a shortcode such as

[tubepress mode="tag" tagValue="doco"]
etc. You could do this for as many pages as you like. Make sense?

[3] Is there a way to have multiple video galleries?

Absolutely. You can invoke TubePress as many times as you like throughout your site, on a single page or scattered on different pages.

Does this answer your questions for now?

#3 Oren Le

Oren Le

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:05 AM

Hi,
Well, not really... :(
I tried this shortcode: [tubepress mode="playlist" playlistValue="PLCFCCBE3FA49D7B4C"] in this test-page: http://arthangar.com/test/
I get an error message saying: "No matching videos".
Any idea why?

#4 Oren Le

Oren Le

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

Ohh.. I should have dropped the 'PL' at the beginning..
Works great now, Thanks :)