These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Description And Runtime Disappear When Thumbnails Are Made Larger Than 120x90

youtube wordpress

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 johnmorrell

johnmorrell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:15 PM

When I set the thumbnails larger than 120x90, the YouTube runtime and description disappear.  What gives?  The features page say that the Free version allows you to set the thumbnails larger.  There is no documentation that describes any special customization needed if you do this.  I was just using the Free version to try it out before buying the Pro version.  But is it true that simple things like that simply don't work.

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:08 AM

Hello John,

What version of TubePress are you using? This will help me in answering your question properly.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 johnmorrell

johnmorrell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:39 AM

Version 3.1.6.  I just downloaded and installed it yesterday.  As I mentioned, it is the free version.  Assuming my tests went well, I had planned to upgrade to Pro when finished testing.

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:24 PM

Hi John,

By default, TubePress uses a fixed height for the thumbnail rows, and any metadata that is taller than the row will be cut off.

One solution to this is the Flexible Thumbnail Rows plugin

The second solution would be to modify the tubepress.css to make the containers flexible instead of set height.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!