These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Tubepress Slows Down My Wp Loadtime

wordpress tubepress-pro performance

Best Answer juantauber, 26 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

Perfect, this update took care of this issue. Thank you so much!!!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 juantauber

juantauber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

I'm having an issue with wordpress because it's slowing down the load time for my Wordpress website. 

P3 - Plugin Performance Profiler tells me that the plugin load time is 2.8 secs to load out of which 2.15 are devoted to loading the tubpress alone. How can I solve this and make my website load faster?

Attached File  Screen Shot 2014-08-19 at 3.26.21 PM.png   389.61KB   0 downloads 

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

Hello Juan,

You can use the built in TubePress Boot Cache by following the directions here: http://docs.tubepres...html#boot-cache

Let us know if you need anything else

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 juantauber

juantauber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

Thank you for your reply,

Unfortunately I wasn't able to boot cache. 

The tubepress-content folder I found on my server only has 1 folder named themes.

I added a new folder named config and using text edit i made the .json file, but there were no changes and I do not know how to access the TubePress debug output.

I'm using TubePressPro 3.1.1

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

Hello Juan,

The debug output shows this as the first line:

[2014-08-21 23:36:44] [DEBUG] Default Boot Config Service: No readable config file at /home/content/61/9935261/html/letcasite/wp-content/tubepress-content/config/boot.json 

You can view the debug output by placing ?tubepress_debug=true in the URL of any page that has TubePress on it.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 juantauber

juantauber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

Bradon, You probably got that line because I had deleted the config folder. I added that again, with a boot.json file containing this code:

{
"cache" : {
"ioc-container" : {
"enabled" : true
},
"add-ons" : {
},
"classloader" : {
},
"option-descriptors" : {
},
"killer-key" : "tIEKrw84k7z760811D815363425xa15370W",
"dir" : null
},
"add-ons" : {
"blacklist": []
},
"classloader" : {
}
}

The output log now shows a lot of code lines, the second line indicates a warning. Please help. :-)

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:44 PM

Hi Juan,

I now see that TubePress is failing to parse the boot.json file.

[2014-08-23 00:40:25] [WARNING] Default Boot Config Service: Failed to parse /home/content/61/9935261/html/letcasite/wp-content/tubepress-content/config/boot.jso

Did you create this .json file inside of WordPress, or create using Notepad (or NotePad++) and then upload?

Thanks!

#7 juantauber

juantauber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

Brandon,

I created this file using TextEdit version 1.9

#8 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:56 PM

Hi,

First I'd like to mention that TubePress 4.0.0, for which we are about to release a beta version, will automatically perform the "boot cache" steps that we are discussing in this thread. So in theory this problem won't happen in the future.

But for now, let's get you squared away. It looks like your boot.json file is valid and TubePress shouldn't have a problem parsing it. I'm thinking that there may be some "hidden" characters in there that are causing trouble. To help me debug, could you please replace the contents of

wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_1_1/src/main/php/classes/tubepress/impl/boot/DefaultBootConfigService.php

with the code found at

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Wi6JiLPG

This is the same file with an extra debugging statement that should allow me to examine boot.json a little closer. Thanks for your patience with this issue!

#9 juantauber

juantauber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

Eric,

I'm glad to know about an update that will take care of this issue automatically. I will install it as soon as it's available. 

I have replaced the code on the DefaultBootConfigService.php as you instructed. Please let me know if you need me to do anything else. 

#10 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

Great! As suspected, it seems that TextEdit has inserted some extra (invisible) characters into the file. Here's the procedure that I would recommend:

1. Open TextEdit and create a new document (File > New).

2. Under the Format menu, choose "Make plain text" (screenshot). This should get rid of the rich text editing stuff (screenshot) and make the window look very bare (screenshot).

3. Visit http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=4fVEcKN9 in a web browser. Choose Edit > Select All (screenshot), then Edit > Copy (screenshot). This will copy the contents to your clipboard.

4. Go back to TextEdit and in your new, empty document, choose Edit > Paste (screenshot). This will paste in the text you copied earlier.

5. Save this file. When prompted to choose a name and path, you'll want to overwrite your existing wp-content/tubepress-content/config/boot.json. Alternatively, you could save the file somewhere temporary then upload it to your webserver. You get the idea.

This should ensure that there are no extra characters lurking around. Give it a try?

#11 juantauber

juantauber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

Eric,

I followed your steps, but I'm not sure that it worked. I got this message when I went to this URL:

http://letca.com/?tubepress_debug=true

Warning: require(/home/content/61/9935261/html/letcasite/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_1_1/vendor/ehough/iconic/src/main/php/ehough/iconic/lazyproxy/phpdumper/NullDumper.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/content/61/9935261/html/letcasite/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_1_1/vendor/ehough/pulsar/src/main/php/ehough/pulsar/UniversalClassLoader.php on line 258

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/61/9935261/html/letcasite/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_1_1/vendor/ehough/iconic/src/main/php/ehough/iconic/lazyproxy/phpdumper/NullDumper.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in/home/content/61/9935261/html/letcasite/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_1_1/vendor/ehough/pulsar/src/main/php/ehough/pulsar/UniversalClassLoader.php on line 258

#12 juantauber

juantauber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

I hope the lines of code help you figure out where the problem is. I deleted that boot.json file from the server because it took my site down. I will place it again whenever you tell me.  

#13 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

Eric,

I followed your steps, but I'm not sure that it worked. I got this message when I went to this URL:

http://letca.com/?tubepress_debug=true

Warning: require(/home/content/61/9935261/html/letcasite/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_1_1/vendor/ehough/iconic/src/main/php/ehough/iconic/lazyproxy/phpdumper/NullDumper.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/content/61/9935261/html/letcasite/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_1_1/vendor/ehough/pulsar/src/main/php/ehough/pulsar/UniversalClassLoader.php on line 258

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/61/9935261/html/letcasite/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_1_1/vendor/ehough/iconic/src/main/php/ehough/iconic/lazyproxy/phpdumper/NullDumper.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in/home/content/61/9935261/html/letcasite/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_1_1/vendor/ehough/pulsar/src/main/php/ehough/pulsar/UniversalClassLoader.php on line 258

That's progress! This particular bug was fixed in TubePress 3.1.2. I would suggest upgrading to 3.1.6 (latest stable version as of this writing) and re-testing your boot.json. It should work.

#14 juantauber

juantauber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:28 PM   Best Answer

Perfect, this update took care of this issue. Thank you so much!!!

#15 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:56 PM

Very glad to hear it!

Keep an eye on the News and Information forum for version 4.0.0's release.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wordpress, tubepress-pro, performance