These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Random "no videos to populate this tubepress gallery" error

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Eric Vogel

Eric Vogel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:05 AM

Following the instructions in the blog post worked for me. I had a hunch it had something to do with the API key. Thanks for the detailed instructions and quick response. Happy Birthday Eric and enjoy that beer.

Terrence

I did do that.

#22 Joel Hebert

Joel Hebert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:10 AM

Eric,
Thank you for your efforts on this issue. However, I installed the workaround solution this morning and am still getting the infamous "no videos to populate" on my site. I had everyone in our office check as well and they were also getting the message. Your instructions on the blog post were quite clear. Thus, I doubt I installed the workaround wrong. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Joel H.

#23 < no first name > Mandli Communications

< no first name > Mandli Communications

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:38 PM

The issue occurred for me today 11/3/2010 at about 3:45pm:
I get this in my regular gallery:
No videos to populate this TubePress gallery.

When I switch on the code in the HTTPRequest2.class.php file as given by Eric, I get:

string(218) "O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:12:"generated_in";s:6:"0.0077";s:4:"stat";s:4:"fail";s:3:"err";O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"code";s:3:"301";s:4:"expl";s:37:"The consumer key passed was not valid";s:3:"msg";s:20:"Invalid consumer key";}}" No videos to populate this TubePress gallery.

When the problem occurs on a page with a single video embedded I get this:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /Volumes/Local_Storage/Web/www_mandli_com/tubepress_pro_2_0_0/classes/org/tubepress/single/VideoImpl.class.php on line 102

When I switch on the code in the HTTPRequest2.class.php to get error info, I get:

string(218) "O:8:"stdClass":3:

and the page stops with this line and prevents the rest of the page from loading.

Otherwise all works as normal when this issue isn't happening.

You know, I realize now that I didn't USE to get that "invalid consumer key" as part of the error.
So my thinking is that it looks like there are/were TWO issues that cause the infamous error:

1) The new consumer key problem
and
2) The old intermittent error (caused by Vimeo? resolved?)

Are these two related? Any thoughts? After getting my own API key it seems to be resolved for now, but I'll have to just keep an eye on it to see if the intermittent error returns. THAT will be the telling part...

#24 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:04 PM

Are these two related?

I'm fairly certain that the "Internal error" that popped up on Vimeo and the whole key/secret debacle are not related, but who knows. It sounds like your gallery is back in business though? Let me know otherwise. Thanks!

#25 Adam Grumbo

Adam Grumbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:07 PM

I'm having trouble. Couple questions.

Certainly we put our OWN url into the Vimeo API, not the tubepress.org one correct?

Also, I recently upgraded to PRO and I can't get my videos to show.

http://adamgrumbo.com/video-production

Edit: was uploading to non-pro folder. Now gotta figure out why my shadowbox is now failing me.

#26 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

Edit: was uploading to non-pro folder. Now gotta figure out why my shadowbox is now failing me.

Looks like your galleries are working normally under FancyBox, yeah? If you'd like my help getting shadowbox to work, feel free to enable it (on a test page if you'd like) and send along the link. Let me know how else I can help. Thanks.