These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Random "no videos to populate this tubepress gallery" error

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:17 PM

Responding to http://groups.google...es...4c604935ae

Hi,

We need to find out what Vimeo is complaining about when the gallery doesn't load. Here's what I would do next time you can reproduce the issue. In tubepress_pro_2_0_0/classes/org/tubepress/video/feed/retrieval/HTTPRequest2.class.php on line 55 (just above the return statement) add

var_dump($response->getBody());

That should spit out the raw response from Vimeo, which should contain the error message. I need to make this a feature of the TubePress's normal debug mode, but for now this will do.

Ok, got everything setup and was working fine, but now I'm getting a
random no videos to populate this tubepress gallery error every so
often, and it's enough where it's not acceptable w/ client. Also,
hard to recreate problem, as it only happens every once in a while. I
tried to get it to happen late last night, and could not do it, but
this morning around 9am CDT i was able to get the error, so now I'm
thinking it has something to do with the traffic on Vimeo?? anyways,
here is a link to the site, any help or input is appreciated.
http://www.liquidforcefilms.com

Right now, the short code is pulling from vimeo albums, haven't tried
it yet, but was wondering if it pulled from a vimeo channel would it
make a difference??

Thanks

#2 Joel Hebert

Joel Hebert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:45 PM

Eric,
I too am having the exact same problems with a wordpress site+Tubepress+Vimeo albums? If I insert the code ( var_dump($response->getBody()); ) you mentioned above will this fix the issue OR is this code to reproduce the problem on the fly? I'm not a developer, so I'm a little hesitant to insert code without knowing exactly where and why.

Thanks

Joel H.

#3 < no first name > Metz

< no first name > Metz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

I am having this problem as well on www.berning.com. It appears to be intermittent. If you do a Google search for "no videos to populate this tubepress gallery" you can see quite a few sites that have been indexed by Google while displaying this message. Any ideas? I will have to abandon Tubepress if this cannot be resolved; love it otherwise.

Ed

#4 Dru Jefferson

Dru Jefferson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:26 PM

I am having the same problem with the free version during my testing phase. Plugin seemed to work fine at first... now any and every Vimeo gallery responds with "No videos to populate this TubePress gallery " error.

Please help, I would love to buy the Pro Version when it works properly...

#5 < no first name > Walker

< no first name > Walker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:21 PM

I am also having this problem, though fortunately my site is still in development. I have added the code you supplied above, and I will post the result next time I catch it happening.

#6 < no first name > Walker

< no first name > Walker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:20 AM

Got one!

string(225) "O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:12:"generated_in";s:6:"0.0092";s:4:"stat";s:4:"fail";s:3:"err";O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"code";s:3:"999";s:4:"expl";s:45:"Please wait a few minutes before trying again";s:3:"msg";s:19:"Rate limit exceeded";}}" No videos to populate this TubePress gallery.

#7 David Cutri

David Cutri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:30 AM

Excellent! Thank you very much. I was getting the error trying to embed a YouTube playlist. I put that one line of code just above the return statement (it was line 52, not 55, for me) and then reloaded the page. It spit out a bunch of info, but it also spit out all the videos. Then I went back and removed the line of code and put the file back to what it was originally, reloaded the page again and the bunch of info disappeared, but the videos stayed! Thanks a lot.

#8 wayne g

wayne g

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:59 PM

Ok, i'm back...after having no problems that I hear of, I'm getting hit with this error again.

Here is what I'm getting on the response:

string(174) "O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:12:"generated_in";s:6:"0.0242";s:4:"stat";s:4:"fail";s:3:"err";O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"code";s:2:"-1";s:4:"expl";s:0:"";s:3:"msg";s:15:"Internal error.";}}" No videos to populate this TubePress gallery.

any ideas??

Thanks

#9 Ashley Beach

Ashley Beach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:07 PM

I am getting this error message too! What is causing it? What is the fix?

Thanks!!!

#10 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:33 PM

Hi guys,

I think the clue here was the "Internal error." message from Vimeo. They're likely experiencing an issue on their end. I'll poke around in the Vimeo API forum to see if I can find anything, but it's likely something that will resolve itself.

#11 < no first name > Neaga

< no first name > Neaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:32 AM

any resolve here?
i am having this problem all of a sudden on a live project. never happened while in development.
i am using latest pro version of plugin, i get internal error: string(174) "O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:12:"generated_in";s:6:"0.0346";s:4:"stat";s:4:"fail";s:3:"err";O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"code";s:2:"-1";s:4:"expl";s:0:"";s:3:"msg";s:15:"Internal error.";}}"

live website is iam.lk

its embarrassing and would like to know if there's something i can do fast.
not sure how to try the timestamp issue that seems to have solved the problem for a few users.

could it be that the whole thing is due to time change happening this past weekend?

thanks,

Cezar

#12 Terrence Scoville

Terrence Scoville

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:58 AM

I am experiencing this issue intermittently as well on a website project: http://slayshtank.com/video. I am using TubePress Pro and the latest version of Wordpress and only using videos from a Vimeo account. I have seen the error code before when I was accessing the site a lot for updates and it seemed to randomly fix itself but as you can see it is giving me an error at the moment.

Terrence

#13 wayne g

wayne g

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:07 AM

Thanks for looking into it Eric, I figured it was something on their end..hopefully it is fixed soon!!

#14 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:04 AM

Looks like Vimeo finally identified and corrected the problem (and indeed it was on their end). Here's the relevant Vimeo API forum thread.

Your galleries should all be back to normal. Let us know if not!

#15 Joel Hebert

Joel Hebert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:13 AM

Just checked my site...still getting the "No Videos to populate this tubepress gallery message?
Thanks
Joel H.

#16 Kevin Davis

Kevin Davis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

Just checked my site...still getting the "No Videos to populate this tubepress gallery message?
Thanks
Joel H.

Same here.

#17 < no first name > Mandli Communications

< no first name > Mandli Communications

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:48 PM

The issue occurred for me today 11/3/2010 at about 3:45pm:
I get this in my regular gallery:
No videos to populate this TubePress gallery.

When I switch on the code in the HTTPRequest2.class.php file as given by Eric, I get:

string(218) "O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:12:"generated_in";s:6:"0.0077";s:4:"stat";s:4:"fail";s:3:"err";O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"code";s:3:"301";s:4:"expl";s:37:"The consumer key passed was not valid";s:3:"msg";s:20:"Invalid consumer key";}}" No videos to populate this TubePress gallery.

When the problem occurs on a page with a single video embedded I get this:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /Volumes/Local_Storage/Web/www_mandli_com/tubepress_pro_2_0_0/classes/org/tubepress/single/VideoImpl.class.php on line 102

When I switch on the code in the HTTPRequest2.class.php to get error info, I get:

string(218) "O:8:"stdClass":3:

and the page stops with this line and prevents the rest of the page from loading.

Otherwise all works as normal when this issue isn't happening.

#18 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

Here's an explanation of why all TubePress Vimeo galleries are suddenly broken, and how to fix it. http://tubepress.com...ix...ts-broken/

I'm unhappy with the situation, and I'd appreciate your feedback.

#19 Eric Vogel

Eric Vogel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:59 PM

string(194) "O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:12:"generated_in";s:6:"0.0285";s:4:"stat";s:2:"ok";s:6:"videos";O:8:"stdClass":4:{s:12:"on_this_page";s:1:"0";s:4:"page";s:1:"1";s:7:"perpage";s:2:"20";s:5:"total";s:1:"0";}}"

#20 Terrence Scoville

Terrence Scoville

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:41 AM

Following the instructions in the blog post worked for me. I had a hunch it had something to do with the API key. Thanks for the detailed instructions and quick response. Happy Birthday Eric and enjoy that beer.

Terrence