These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Tubepress Upgrade From 3.0.1 To 3.1.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 whitehorse67

whitehorse67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

I initially installed the version 3.0.1 Tubepress plugin on my wordpress site today. About a half hour ago, I got a message that an upgrade to 3.1.0 was available. When that was done, I went back into my dashboard and got this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home2/cfcpny/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tubepress/vendor/ehough/tickertape/src/main/php/ehough/tickertape/ContainerAwareEventDispatcher.php on line 142

I could NOT get into my website at all. So I had to call my host to go in and fix the issue. We ended up uninstalling Tube Press. Now when I go in and try to install the plug inagain, I get the message:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home2/cfcpny/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tubepress/vendor/ehough/tickertape/src/main/php/ehough/tickertape/ContainerAwareEventDispatcher.php on line 142

I am not by any means good at coding....i am learning on the fly. wgat does this mean? how can I get TubePress to work on my wordpress site? I went to your website to download version 3.0.1 but hinestly, once I download the zip file, I can't figure out how to install the plugin.

I know some of you are laughing at the newbie who can;t figure something out that is probably very simple, but as I said,i am new to this.....learning as I go.

Hope someone can help me

#2 Oliver Gu

Oliver Gu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

I got the same error message when I tried to upgrade to the new version at 8:00pm.  Please help.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home4/fortune/public_html/goldenvisiontraining.com/wp-content/plugins/tubepress/vendor/ehough/tickertape/src/main/php/ehough/tickertape/ContainerAwareEventDispatcher.php on line 142

#3 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

Hi folks,

Sorry that you're experiencing trouble upgrading to 3.1.0.

Which version of PHP are you running? This version of TubePress requires PHP 5.2, and my hunch is that this error comes from a versioning problem.

Let us know and I'm looking forward to getting you fixed up! Thanks.

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

Let's continue the discussion on this thread. I'll be posting an update there momentarily.

Thanks!