These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Error After 3.1.0 Upgrade

Best Answer eric, 30 July 2013 - 12:38 AM

TubePress 3.1.1 has been released.

Go to the full post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 sdyrgas

sdyrgas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

After upgrading to v3.1.0, unable to access my site or the WordPress dashboard. Getting this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home/sdyrgas/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tubepress/vendor/ehough/tickertape/src/main/php/ehough/tickertape/ContainerAwareEventDispatcher.php on line 142

Running up-to-date server configuration. Please help.

S

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hi,

Which version of PHP are you running? TubePress 3.1.0 requires PHP 5.2 or higher.

#3 lbecker99

lbecker99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

I'm getting the same error after updating.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home5/xxxxxx/public_html/(website)/wp-content/plugins/tubepress/vendor/ehough/tickertape/src/main/php/ehough/tickertape/ContainerAwareEventDispatcher.php on line 142

#4 sdyrgas

sdyrgas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. I actually saw that in the 3.1.0 release notes so it's the first thing I checked and I believe I am running 5.5. Let me verify once again but I'm quite sure my server-side is up-to-date.

S

#5 lbecker99

lbecker99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

The server is using 5.2.17

#6 sdyrgas

sdyrgas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

I think I'm running 5.5.23-55. Does that sound right?

#7 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Looks like this is an issue with PHP versions < 5.3. Let me whip up a fix in the next few minutes that you could apply.

I think I'm running 5.5.23-55. Does that sound right?

That sounds like a valid, and very modern, PHP version. In theory the fix I come up with for this will work for you as well.

Please stand by! Thanks.

#8 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

Please try replacing your copy of

wp-content/plugins/tubepress/vendor/ehough/tickertape/src/main/php/ehough/tickertape/ContainerAwareEventDispatcher.php

with the file found here:

https://raw.github.c...tDispatcher.php

That should fix the error. Could you confirm? If it works, I'll immediately release 3.1.1. Thank you!

#9 lbecker99

lbecker99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:01 PM

Works great!  Nice work.

#10 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

Works great!  Nice work.

:)

@sdyrgas, could you confirm as well?

#11 REA

REA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

I'm way to green to change the code ... Do you have an ETA when the plgin will be updated ?

#12 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

I'm way to green to change the code ... Do you have an ETA when the plgin will be updated ?

Just want to get one or two more folks to confirm that this fix works, then I'll release TubePress 3.1.1 immediately. Hopefully that will be tonight - even as early as the next hour.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

#13 REA

REA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

Nice! I wish it had a roll back feature but great work, especially on the update. If I knew php I would like you know ... Im on 5.2+

#14 whitehorse67

whitehorse67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

I might be more green than REA....but I can tell you my PHP is 5.5.30-30.2.....I am patient to wait for the updated plug in, as this is the best one I have found so far!

#15 sdyrgas

sdyrgas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

Give me 5 minutes and I will be able to confirm.

#16 sdyrgas

sdyrgas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

After uploading your new file and activating the plugin, I got this error message:

The plugin generated 362 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin.

My video galleries now appear however the videos do not play. I will try reinstalling.

#17 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

After uploading your new file and activating the plugin, I got this error message:

The plugin generated 362 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin.

My video galleries now appear however the videos do not play. I will try reinstalling.

Does the TubePress settings page work at WP Admin > Settings > TubePress? Feel free to share a link to your site (PM me if you don't want to share it with the world) and I can take a look.

Just want to be sure that the fix works for everyone before I send out the update. Thanks everyone for your patience!

#18 sdyrgas

sdyrgas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

Hi Eric,

After reinstalling, I get the same message. Yes, I am able to access the Admin page however my videos still do not play, Here's a link to one of my pages -

http://stephendyrgas...video-projects/

Thanks,

S

#19 REA

REA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

Sdyrgas - They play for me - Firefox

#20 lbecker99

lbecker99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

Everything works for me.  The plugin activates, no error, the videos play and I can access the admin settings for the plugin.  Let me know if you want me to look at anything else.