These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

How To Filter By Tag And User At The Same Time

wordpress youtube

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ben Lovegrove

Ben Lovegrove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hi,

I want to show videos that contain a country word in the title, but filter out those belonging to a particular user.  Is that possible?

Here's my example:

[tubepress mode="user" userValue='-userblablah' mode="tag" tagValue='"football matches" brazil -canada -norway -zealand -turkey -colombia -york -missouri -russia -roswell -china -mansfield -proof'  embeddedWidth="575" orderBy="relevance" resultCountCap="120"]

I have selected Brazil, but negated other countries.

If I negate the user like this -userblablah, shouldn't I get all videos that comply with the tag values, but not those from that user?

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

Hello Ben,

Unfortunately, a -UserName is not a valid, recognized option for TubePress and the YouTube API.

Also, if you wished to use a specific user, the correct syntax for mode would be: [mode="user + tag"]

We always welcome feature requests so please submit one for this feature if you require it.  The items with the most stars have the highest priority.

https://code.google....ess/issues/list

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!