These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Unclickable Video Thumbnails

wordpress thumbnails youtube

Best Answer Alan Graveen, 02 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

Alan,

Please follow the directions here: http://tubepress.com...oss_Domain_Ajax

Once you have fixed the cross domain ajax issue, your site should work fine.

If you have more problems, please start a new thread.

Thanks!

That did the trick!!! Thanks SO MUCH!!!!!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 nathanb

nathanb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

Hi all,

I added the plugin to my wordpress site but I am experiencing some issues with the thumbnails on the player. I created a playlist on YouTube and everything looks fine, but when you click on a thumbnail the player turns grey. I have walked through the Client-Side Troubleshooting, followed everything on that page with firebug and still nothing.

Here is the link to the page where tubepress fails: http://cm.taylorpond.com/videos/

I have enabled debugging.

Thanks in advance.

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

Nathan,

This issue appears to be an Internal Server Error.

"NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error - http://cm.taylorpond.com/wp-content/plugins/tubepress/src/main/php/scripts/ajaxEndpoint.php?action=playerHtml&tubepress_video=1VMZyImht-c&embeddedHeight=350&embeddedWidth=425&playerLocation=normal&orderBy=position&galleryId=165087857"

This is the error that shows when you click on any of the videos, it also shows when you first load the page, so you will need to either A) look at your Server Logs or B) Contact your hosting provider to figure out what is causing the error.

Let us know if we can be of any more assistance.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 Damon Jamal

Damon Jamal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

I'm havng a similar problem except I'm using vimeo.

The thumbnails appear to be clickable but when you click nothing happens.

this is the page: http://inyofacefilm.com/music-videos/

Tubepress has been running great for the last couple years but over the last couple days it's been all bad.

Please help.

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

Hi Damon,

Your problem appears to be caused by having multiple instances of jquery.  Your theme, gigawatt, loads a jquery file and then wordpress itself loads a jquery.

To verify that this is, in fact, the issue, please try switching to one of the default Wordpress themes and testing your tubepress implementation then.

Let us know.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 Damon Jamal

Damon Jamal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

Hi Damon,

Your problem appears to be caused by having multiple instances of jquery.  Your theme, gigawatt, loads a jquery file and then wordpress itself loads a jquery.

To verify that this is, in fact, the issue, please try switching to one of the default Wordpress themes and testing your tubepress implementation then.

Let us know.

Thanks!

ok thanks that worked. There was also a problem with our configuration.

So we solved that issue, and now the thumbnails ARE clickable but only seem to work from a computer and not on a iPhone.

I was told maybe there are compatibility issues with other plugins?

Here are a list of other plugins we have and everything (including wordpress and tubepress pro) is the latest version:

Akismet - Awesome Flickr Gallery - Contact Form 7 - Dashboard Notepad - Open in New Window Plugin - Simpler CSS - Ultimate Maintenance Mode - WordPress.com Custom CSS - Wp Social Toolbar Pro - WP Super Cache

#6 Alan Graveen

Alan Graveen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

Hi my site http://www.thestrictlyelvisshow.com has videos on it and I can only get the first video to work on each page?  can anyone help me make them work?

#7 nathanb

nathanb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

Brandon,

I copied the server log and this is what it looks like:

[01-Jul-2013 12:10:39] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function get_results() on a non-object in E:\inetpub\maurice_cru\www\wp-content\plugins\tubepress\src\main\php\plugins\wordpress\classes\tubepress\plugins\wordpress\impl\options\WordPressStorageManager.php on line 78

[01-Jul-2013 12:10:39] PHP Warning:  include(wp-blog-header.php) [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\inetpub\maurice_cru\www\wp-content\plugins\tubepress\src\main\php\scripts\ajaxEndpoint.php on line 17

[01-Jul-2013 12:10:39] PHP Warning:  include(wp-blog-header.php) [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\inetpub\maurice_cru\www\wp-content\plugins\tubepress\src\main\php\scripts\ajaxEndpoint.php on line 17

[01-Jul-2013 12:10:39] PHP Warning:  include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'wp-blog-header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in E:\inetpub\maurice_cru\www\wp-content\plugins\tubepress\src\main\php\scripts\ajaxEndpoint.php on line 17

[01-Jul-2013 12:10:39] PHP Strict Standards:  Declaration of ehough_iconic_impl_ContainerBuilder::_onBeforeSet() should be compatible with that of ehough_iconic_impl_Container::_onBeforeSet() in E:\inetpub\maurice_cru\www\wp-content\plugins\tubepress\vendor\ehough\iconic\src\main\php\ehough\iconic\impl\ContainerBuilder.php on line 52

[01-Jul-2013 12:10:40] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function get_results() on a non-object in E:\inetpub\maurice_cru\www\wp-content\plugins\tubepress\src\main\php\plugins\wordpress\classes\tubepress\plugins\wordpress\impl\options\WordPressStorageManager.php on line 78

[01-Jul-2013 12:10:40] PHP Warning:  include(wp-blog-header.php) [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\inetpub\maurice_cru\www\wp-content\plugins\tubepress\src\main\php\scripts\ajaxEndpoint.php on line 17

[01-Jul-2013 12:10:40] PHP Warning:  include(wp-blog-header.php) [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\inetpub\maurice_cru\www\wp-content\plugins\tubepress\src\main\php\scripts\ajaxEndpoint.php on line 17

[01-Jul-2013 12:10:40] PHP Warning:  include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'wp-blog-header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in E:\inetpub\maurice_cru\www\wp-content\plugins\tubepress\src\main\php\scripts\ajaxEndpoint.php on line 17

[01-Jul-2013 12:10:40] PHP Strict Standards:  Declaration of ehough_iconic_impl_ContainerBuilder::_onBeforeSet() should be compatible with that of ehough_iconic_impl_Container::_onBeforeSet() in E:\inetpub\maurice_cru\www\wp-content\plugins\tubepress\vendor\ehough\iconic\src\main\php\ehough\iconic\impl\ContainerBuilder.php on line 52

[01-Jul-2013 12:10:40] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function get_results() on a non-object in E:\inetpub\maurice_cru\www\wp-content\plugins\tubepress\src\main\php\plugins\wordpress\classes\tubepress\plugins\wordpress\impl\options\WordPressStorageManager.php on line 78

Let me know if this is something you can help me out with or f it' ssomething i should be able to do.

Thanks in advance.

#8 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

Alan,

Thanks!

#9 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

Damon,

The easiest way to figure out if there is a conflict between plugins is to disable all of them, check to see if tubepress is working, and then one by one (checking Tubepress after enabling each plugin) and seeing which, if any, cause Tubepress to stop working properly.

Let us know.

Thanks!

#10 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

nathan,

It appears that while your website is installed on the E: drive, your wordpress includes are pointing to the C: drive to find your PHP installation.

I would recommend speaking with your hosting provider to troubleshoot this issue further.

Let us know.

Thanks!

#11 nathanb

nathanb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

Thank you for your time, I will speak to my hosting provider about this.

Thanks

#12 nathanb

nathanb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

Hi,

I talked to my hosting provider and he mentioned that all the sites on my server are set up that way, and this should be able to work correctly because I have another site with the same plugin, server and settings and it's working fine.

Let me know what you think.

#13 Alan Graveen

Alan Graveen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

Alan,

Thanks!

Thank you I will try this:)

#14 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

Nathan,

Your site returns a number of 500 Server errors, including on page load.  You should speak with your hosting provider to find the reason for the multiple 500 Internal Server errors.

Thanks

#15 Alan Graveen

Alan Graveen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:19 PM   Best Answer

Alan,

Thanks!

That did the trick!!! Thanks SO MUCH!!!!!