These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Youtube Featured Video - Top Of Tubepress

wordpress youtube

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stevie77n

stevie77n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Hi,

I was hoping you could help, and I apologise if this has been answered already!

A client of mine has TubePress installed and has asked if it can reflect the layout of their YouTube channel in the way that their YouTube channel has the latest uploaded video displayed as a featured video enlarged at the top of the page.

Can TubePress take this info from YouTube and apply it to the Wordpress plugin? I know you can specify a specific YouTube video to be featured at the top in TubePress, but can it be done automatically from whatever is selected as a featured video in YouTube?

Thanks in advance!

Steve.

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Hi Steve,

In order to accomplish what you and your client are attempting, you need to use the TubePress shortcode and options.  You can see a list of all shortcode options here: http://tubepress.com...nfig:AllOptions

A short example of how you would accomplish this is below.  What this shortcode does is implements TubePress, which then assembles the videos from the playlist (you must enter in the playlist ID, which can be found when you are viewing the playlist on youtube, it will be located in the address bar of your browser and normally starts with: PL and then a series of letters and numbers.

[tubepress mode="playlist" playlistValue="PlaylistID" orderBy="newest"]

Let us know if you need any more assistance.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 stevie77n

stevie77n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, they already have TubePress up and running on their website and it is displaying the videos from their YouTube channel correctly, the shortcode [tubepress] is being used as the YouTube user is specified in the settings of TubePress.

What they would like to do is to have the featured video, or latest uploaded video, on their YouTube channel display as large on their website at the top of the thumbnails. I've found other posts where people mention they've achieved this but I cannot find out how to do it!

I'm guessing its possible but would you be able to tell me how? Is it only available in the Pro version? My client is running the free version.

Thanks!

Steve.

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

Hi Steve,

Try the solution outlined in this post. That should achieve what you're after, right? Let us know...

Thanks!