These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Videos From Multiple Sources?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Curtiss Grymala

Curtiss Grymala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

I noticed that one of the features of TubePress Pro is the ability to include videos from "multiple sources." However, all of the examples seem to only showcase the ability to include multiple feeds from a single service.

Is it possible to combine videos from Vimeo with videos from YouTube in the same gallery; or do you have to display one service or the other?

If it is possible to combine videos from multiple services in one gallery, I will gladly purchase the Pro version. Thank you.

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

Hi,

Over the next few days I'll be updating the feature showcase, and one of the features I'll be adding is the ability to combine Vimeo and YouTube. This feature is fully supported in TubePress Pro.

Let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

#3 Curtiss Grymala

Curtiss Grymala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

Fantastic. Thanks.

#4 John Rozzo

John Rozzo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:37 AM

Hi, I took a look at the showcase with "multiple sources" ...but didn't see an example that combines both YouTube and Vimeo in a single gallery; the examples show "multiple sources" as multiple playlists from a single source/site, not both.

Just to be clear, is it now - or will it be - possible to create a "collection" of individual/single videos from multiple* sites (YouTube + Vimeo) into 1 gallery?

Thanks!
John

* Multiple = the 2 that you currently support.

#5 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

Hi, I took a look at the showcase with "multiple sources" ...but didn't see an example that combines both YouTube and Vimeo in a single gallery; the examples show "multiple sources" as multiple playlists from a single source/site, not both.

Just to be clear, is it now - or will it be - possible to create a "collection" of individual/single videos from multiple* sites (YouTube + Vimeo) into 1 gallery?

Thanks!
John

Hi John,

Sorry that I'm just getting back to you now. The answer is yes, you can combine multiple YouTube + Vimeo video sources into a single, unified gallery. This is 100% supported, and I've simply been tardy in adding this to the feature showcase. Hope that answers your question. Let us know.. thanks!

#6 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

Is it possible to make a gallery with individual videos from multiple source in one page in tubepress pro ?
Thanks

#7 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

Is it possible to make a gallery with individual videos from multiple source in one page in tubepress pro ?
Thanks

Hi,

Are you looking to create a single, unified gallery from multiple video sources? Then yes, TubePress Pro can do this. Here is the documentation on that.

On the other hand if you're looking to create a gallery from a list of individual videos, then you might want to star this issue to vote for the idea and track updates.

Let us know. Thanks!

#8 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

Hi,
Thank you for the answer, but i want to create a gallery from a list of individual videos. How can i do ?
Thank you

#9 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

Hi,
Thank you for the answer, but i want to create a gallery from a list of individual videos. How can i do ?
Thank you

There is a feature request filed for this functionality here. Please start the issue to vote for the idea and track updates. Features with the most votes will be implemented before others.

The workaround for the time being is to simply use a YouTube playlist, Vimeo album, or any other provider-based means of organizing sets of videos. Does that make sense?

#10 James Israel

James Israel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

Regarding being able to compose a gallery of videos from multiple sources, can you restrict certain sources to: number of videos, date range of videos, etc? Is the entire gallery restricted to 200 videos, as the non-pro version is for one source? If not, is there any limit?

Also, if you have several playlists from YouTube in a gallery, for example, could the gallery be configured to organize all the videos by their published date, so that the different sources are co-mingled? Or would one playlist have to follow another in the gallery?

Just to be sure, I could list an unlimited number of playlists from YouTube as sources, correct? Plus multiple Vimeo sources?

Thanks!

#11 James Israel

James Israel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Awaiting an answer on this before I buy...

#12 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hi! Comments inline...

Regarding being able to compose a gallery of videos from multiple sources, can you restrict certain sources to: number of videos, date range of videos, etc?

Currently TubePress applies the same settings to each gallery source, so no, unfortunately this isn't possible at the moment. If you describe the exact problem you're trying to tackle, we could likely come up with a workaround.

Is the entire gallery restricted to 200 videos, as the non-pro version is for one source? If not, is there any limit?

I believe the only video source that is restricted to 200 videos is an individual YouTube playlist. But with multiple sources, there is no limit to how many videos can be in a single gallery. In our testing we've created galleries with 10K videos without a problem.

Also, if you have several playlists from YouTube in a gallery, for example, could the gallery be configured to organize all the videos by their published date, so that the different sources are co-mingled? Or would one playlist have to follow another in the gallery?

They can be intermingled correctly on a per-page basis. That is, you can apply one of several per-page sorts to each page of your gallery.

Just to be sure, I could list an unlimited number of playlists from YouTube as sources, correct? Plus multiple Vimeo sources?

Correct! You are free to combine as many YouTube and/or Vimeo sources as you like.

Did that answer all your questions? Let us know. Thank you!

#13 James Israel

James Israel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Yes, thanks, Eric!