These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Issue with video titles in gallery

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tamez tamez

tamez tamez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

Hi I´m currently setting up the plugin with the vimeo template, however the gallery displays the titles and some get cut off. You can check it out at: http://www.cinedigital.tv/nab12/
Could you please guide me on how to format them correctly. Thanks in advance,

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

Hello,

Could you help me understand exactly what you're after in terms of formatting the titles? Here's what I see: http://i.imgur.com/yfzP0.png. The titles appear to be misaligned significantly, but they don't seem to be cutoff. Are you simply looking to align the titles to the thumbnails? Let me know. Thanks!

#3 tamez tamez

tamez tamez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hi Eric, they are misaligned, but also cut off, for example the first video cuts Video at the e, the second one cuts Entrelazado at the d, and that one also has another issue, since the title is long, splits it into 2 rows, but cuts the duration of the video, you can only see the top of it, here is a screenshot:
http://dl.dropbox.co...867437/site.png
Basically what I need is to change the width of the box where the title shows up in order for the title not to cut, and also make it 3 rows in height, so the duration shows properly as well.
Thanks in advance.

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

I see that you've adjusted the size of your thumbnails to effect a 3-column layout. The titles don't seem to be getting cut off anymore and the duration is showing properly. Here are a few suggestions as you continue to adjust the CSS:

• You can control the height of the rows by adjusting the "height" property of the CSS class "tubepress_thumb". e.g.

.tubepress_thumb {
       height: 250px;
    }
    Would result in a row height of 250px.

• If you'd like to explicitly control the width of the columns, you'll want to turn off fluid thumbs (WP Admin > Settings > TubePress > Appearance), then adjust the "width" property of the CSS class "tubepress_thumb". e.g.

.tubepress_thumb {
       width: 300px;
    }
    Would result in a column width of 300px. This is useful if TubePress's container has a fixed-width, as it appears that yours does of 700px.

• There's no "silver bullet" for preventing text from getting cut off with CSS as there are all sorts of browser quirks to deal with. I've found the most effective method is to simply make sure that the parent div of any text has ample room to allow for word breaks.

Let me know how else I can help you. Thanks.