These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Recent upgrade to WP 3.3, now videos aren't playing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Locke

Michael Locke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

Hi, my tubepress was working fine before updating to WP 3.3 (long story short, I had some hacker issues and cleaned some stuff out), now my videos (thumb links) aren't working. Can you check this test page, look at the code and let me know what could be the problem?

http://www.mlwebco.com/video-test/

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

~ Mike

#2 Michael Locke

Michael Locke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

Just read on TubePress "Not to Upgrade Automatically to Wordpress 3.3"... Now apparently my Tubepress install was reverted back to the FREE version that displays the thumbs, but doesn't play them. How do I get back to the Pro version? I tried everything, deleted everything, installed the latest build. Nothing works.

#3 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:04 AM

Hi Mike,

First let's get you back to the Pro version..

How do I get back to the Pro version? I tried everything, deleted everything, installed the latest build. Nothing works.

Go into wp-content/plugins and make sure that you do not have any directory in there named "tubepress" or anything of the sort. Now, take your tubepress_pro_2_2_9 directory and drop it into wp-content/plugins as described here. You should now have TubePress Pro installed. Let me know if you get hung up at any step during this process.

I swear the support and instructions on this site/product sucks.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not thrilled with your purchase. As for the support, I would like to just note that I do my best to respond to my customers as soon as possible. In most cases, this is within a day or so (in your case it has been less than 8 hours).

As for the documentation, I would be interested in any specific suggestions you have on where improvements could be made. TubePress has a very wide variety of users in terms of skill level, and I've tried to target the documentation to a level that works for the majority of folks.

Just read on TubePress "Not to Upgrade Automatically to Wordpress 3.3"...

TubePress Pro users should have a gigantic red warning message on the plugins page that says

Do not click "Upgrade now"!

Do you happen to recall how you "upgraded" (really downgraded!) your TubePress installation from within WordPress? It's very possible that with WP 3.3's new admin screens I may have missed an opportunity to warn users. Let me know.

My goal is to make sure that you're happy with your purchase, so let's make it happen!

#4 Michael Locke

Michael Locke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:44 AM

Sorry Eric for that line of rant. I've just been through a lot this morning, so please forgive me. But with that said, I'm still having problems. My Wordpress blog was hacked twice the past weekend and so I eventually upgraded and I installed something called SecureLive on my server to deal/block hackers. Anyway, I'm almost positive that the problem happens to do with SecureLive? Not sure. But I've tried deleting all files, reloaded the new files and still appears to be in a state of the Free version. Not sure what else to do. I'm thinking I'll just try installing on another server and then posting to my site through an iframe. Not sure what to do.

#5 Michael Locke

Michael Locke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:47 AM

Hi Eric, I tried installing on another server on a different wp blog and same issue. Looks like I'm not installing the Pro version. But I'm downaloading from the members area?

#6 Michael Locke

Michael Locke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:36 PM

Still not able to get it to run on my main site, but was able to install and get it to work on another server of mine and display it on my main site through an iframe. You can see here:

http://www.mlwebco.com/videos/

As I mentioned, my main site was hacked over the weekend and I had my host provider (Lunarpages.com) load a product called "SecureLive" on my server. This securelive thing scans my site 24/7 and blocks everything. I'm almost guessing that this SecureLive thing has something to do with Tubepress not installing correctly. For now, I'm good though. Thanks! ...and sorry for the not so kind words. I'm sure you're a busy guy. And this is an amazing plugin, when it works. ;)

#7 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

No need to apologize! I've been known to rant from time to time :)

Let me know if you'd like to continue to investigate and I'll be happy to assist. Sounds like this SecureLive thing is a real drag.