These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Strange Snag When Putting Tubepress Pro in my Theme

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Benjamin Harrison

Benjamin Harrison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:18 PM

Warning: include(/var/www/html/double7images.com/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_2_0_0/env/pro/tubepress-pro.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/double7/double7images.com/wp-content/themes/clean-home/author.php on line 3

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/html/double7images.com/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_2_0_0/env/pro/tubepress-pro.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/double7/double7images.com/wp-content/themes/clean-home/author.php on line 3

I'm getting the above two errors when trying to put a gallery in the author.php file of my wordpress theme. I don't really understand the error because it seems to be saying that it cant find tubepress-pro.php in the theme file, but I can't figure out why it's looking there.

I'm basically copying and pasting code from the tubepress documentation and I just cant seem to get it up and running.

Any ideas?

#2 Benjamin Harrison

Benjamin Harrison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:26 AM

Just to add a little info, I'm thinking this problem may be related to the fact that I'm using custom permalinks and that these pages are within pretend directories ( http://double7images...or/pete-chatmon - for example).

Is this a path issue?

Also, is there any hope of using the do_shortcode function to execute tubepress? That would seem to be easier, but I haven't had any luck with that approach either. It causes my theme to just print the shortcode as text.

One last thing: The tubepress widget is not showing up on my widgets management control panel. Is it possible that I have some kind of botched installation of the software? I've tried deactivating/reactivating, etc.

#3 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:42 PM

Hi,

The error you're seeing is just a path issue. In your author.php you presumably have the statement

include "/var/www/html/double7images.com/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_2_0_0/env/pro/tubepress-pro.php";
You just need to change the include path to the actual absolute path of tubepress-pro.php for your server:

include "/home/double7/double7images.com/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_2_0_0/env/pro/tubepress-pro.php";
Give that a whirl and let us know if it fixes it for you. Thanks!

#4 Benjamin Harrison

Benjamin Harrison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:53 PM

That totally did it! Thanks so much. Love the software.

#5 Benjamin Harrison

Benjamin Harrison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:20 PM

Just a followup on the 'One last thing' from previously,

I'm still not seeing the TubePress widget option in my widgets control panel. (I have one TubePress widget working, but I think it's there because I added it to the sidebar in question when I was giving the free version of Tubepress a spin, and since I've upgraded to Tubepress Pro is still there.)

And one other little thing I've noticed is that when I'm using Tubepress to get a single video in the header area of my theme, it's getting the video and sizing it correctly, but it's ignoring some of my shortcode. Specifically: showInfo=false and hd=true

Here's an example page:
http://double7images...in-ahr-harrison
(debug: http://double7images...ress_debug=true )