These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Just bought Pro and videos are not playing - please HELP!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Steven Marchessault

Steven Marchessault

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

I just bought this and was so excited to use it.

I installed it okay with a playlist of 200 videos I created on YouTube. The first video plays but the rest of them DO NOT play when I click on the thumbnails. I tried every combination of settings but still it doesn't work. The Ajax pagination doesn't work either.

Could the developer of this plugin please please help me asap... our new site needed to go live earlier today and this Pro version was our final component.

http://bit.ly/nJCB4z

Thanks!
Steven

#2 Steven Marchessault

Steven Marchessault

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:57 PM

i decided to just install the standalone version of TubePress on a separate website (without wordpress) and then iframe this webpage script into my wordpress site... it worked!

#3 Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:16 PM

In my case, there's a problem with the jquery. If I try to use the external, Google hosted .js, tubepress doesn't work - videos are not loading and the ajax pagination doesn't load the next page. If I use the Wpress' jquery.js, the videos are loading... still the ajax pagination not.
I'm trying to find a jquery that works with everything :)

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:31 PM

In my case, there's a problem with the jquery. If I try to use the external, Google hosted .js, tubepress doesn't work - videos are not loading and the ajax pagination doesn't load the next page. If I use the Wpress' jquery.js, the videos are loading... still the ajax pagination not.
I'm trying to find a jquery that works with everything :)

tubepress.org uses the Google-hosted copy of jQuery, so there must be something else interfering. Are you able to share a link to your site so we can take a look?

#5 Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

tubepress.org uses the Google-hosted copy of jQuery, so there must be something else interfering. Are you able to share a link to your site so we can take a look?

Smarch, sorry for stealing your thread :)
Hi, Eric, I do suspect there's something else's fault, but I can't find the problem. If you have time, you can take a look at this post, for example. The videos are below the post (7 thumbnails, horizontal). Now I'm using in single.php this:
<?php
require_once "/the-path/wp-content/plugins/tubepress/env/pro/tubepress-pro.php";
print tubepressGallery('resultsPerPage="1" output="searchResults" searchProvider="youtube" ajaxPagination="true" cacheEnabled="true" likes="false" tags="false" rating="false"  mode="user + tag"  tagValue="stiri romanesti + stirile din Romania + Romania" userValue="realitatea + antena1brasov + Antena1SLobozia + antena1cj" playerLocation="popup" length="false" paginationAbove="false" views="false" description="true" descriptionLimit="50" paginationBelow="true" playerImplementation="youtube" thumbWidth="135" thumbHeight="105"  orderBy="newest"  fullscreen="true"');
?>
and the video doesn't load in the popup window + the ajax pagination doesn't work.

#6 Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:15 PM

OK, playing with the tubepress' settings, I managed to make it work using this (but ajax pagination still doesn't work - timeout):
- use google's jquery v 1.6.1 instead of the latest (1.6.4)
- use this code in single.php
<?php
require_once "/the-path/wp-content/plugins/tubepress/env/pro/tubepress-pro.php";
print tubepressGallery('resultsPerPage="1" output="searchResults" searchProvider="youtube" ajaxPagination="true" cacheEnabled="true" likes="false" tags="false" rating="false"  mode="user + tag"  tagValue="stiri romanesti + stirile din Romania + Romania" userValue="realitatea + antena1brasov + Antena1SLobozia + antena1cj" playerLocation="fancybox" length="false" paginationAbove="false" views="false" description="true" descriptionLimit="50" paginationBelow="true" playerImplementation="longtail" thumbWidth="135" thumbHeight="105"  orderBy="newest"  fullscreen="true"');
?>
- use this code to create a Wp page:
[tubepress resultsPerPage="15" output="ajaxSearchInput" searchResultsDomId="#rezultate_video" searchProvider="youtube+vimeo" description="true" descriptionLimit="50" playerImplementation="longtail" thumbWidth="180" thumbHeight="150" orderBy="newest" fullscreen="true"]
[tubepress resultsPerPage="15" output="searchResults" searchProvider="youtube+vimeo" ajaxPagination="true" cacheEnabled="true" likes="false" tags="true" rating="false"  mode="user + tag"  tagValue="stiri romanesti + stirile din Romania + Romania" userValue="realitatea + antena1brasov + Antena1SLobozia + antena1cj" playerLocation="normal"  length="false" paginationAbove="true" views="false" description="true" descriptionLimit="100" paginationBelow="true" playerImplementation="longtail" thumbWidth="180" thumbHeight="150" orderBy="newest" fullscreen="true"]
- use this setting in Tubepress: play videos with fancybox, implementation=longtail.

Yuo can check a blog article or the video page. Btw, I've mentioned the Tube's settings because changing those makes the not load, regardless the settings I enter in the codes.

#7 Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:05 AM

OK, the fancybox in the single.php page stopped working again and I've switched to popup. I have no idea why, I haven't made any changes since yesterday. It seems that, for me, only the popup (single post) and normal (video page) are working now. Jquery is the same, 1.6.1.

#8 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

I think the issue here is that there's a fatal JavaScript error in your page. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Bo3SC.png. It appears to be around line 1778 of your source...