These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Rollback to tubepress_2_2_0_RC1.zip for Inactive Thumbnails

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Faisal Humayun

Faisal Humayun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:56 PM

Like a number of users, I recently experienced problems with 2.2.5/2.2.7 causing thumbnails to no longer switch videos.
My wild guess is that there are other plugins which declare a version of JQuery which is no longer supported by the newer revisions of Tubepress. If those declaratives are commented out, those old plugins won't work. If they remain, Tubepress won't work.
So, in my mind there could only be 2 happy spaces:
1. Prompt the developers of all the other plugins to upgrade to the version of JQuery that Tubepress uses, or
2. Rollback Tubepress to where it would continue to work just fine with the older version of JQuery.

The most practical and timesaving fix was to rollback to tubepress_2_2_0_RC1.zip
Try it.
You can download it here: http://tubepress.goo.../t..._0_RC1.zip

Best wishes,
Faisal

#2 H. Sener

H. Sener

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:57 AM

I had also the same problem after installing Smart Related Post Thumbnail plugin. After searching I finally solved it by replacing the Jquery.js with version 1.6.1. You can download it from http://docs.jquery.c...nloading_jQuery.

Just click on uncompressed version and copy code and replace your original jquery.js with this one. I hope it will work for you too.

I am using now Tubepress 2.2.7 with shadowbox and all working fine.

Regards,
Sener

#3 Faisal Humayun

Faisal Humayun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

Hey thanks for the reply,
I'm assuming you meant replacing the occurrence in ./wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js
which I did, but it didn't quite work either.
I've not quite figured out how to drill into this further to spot the exact areas of conflict. I'm more of a sysadmin than a coder.
I'll try to play with firebug over the weekend to see what's causing all this grief.