These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Youtube Responded With An Error: Serving Limit Exceeded

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 theskiffguy

theskiffguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:19 AM

Help

Im getting :

YouTube responded with an error: Serving Limit Exceeded

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for the report. This appears to have affected a large number of our customers in the past day and I'm not sure why it started suddenly. I also can't find any documentation on that error and so I've posted a question to the YouTube folks. If you have a StackOverflow account, please upvote that question so that it gets quicker attention.

I will update this thread when/if I hear back from YouTube.

#3 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:43 PM

One thing to try in the meantime is to repeat the initial setup process to obtain a new Google API Key. This isn't guaranteed to fix the issue permanently, but should at least temporarily get past this error. WordPress users can find that process here, and standalone PHP users can find it here.

#4 Gerry Potratz

Gerry Potratz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:21 PM

Over the past week I have been exceeding my quota almost every day with the message:

YouTube responded with an error: The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your <a href="/youtube/v3/getting-started#quota">quota</a>.

Working in the Google Developer console it appears many Client 4XX errors are occuring.  Is it possible the API request is being malformed on my end, and the errors are causing quota to be exceeded?  When I attempt to increase quota Google responds that quota increase requests are not being done at this time.

Frustrating turn of events!!

#5 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:14 AM

Extremely frustrating, I agree. Have you tried generating a new API key and loading it into TubePress? That seems to have helped many users.

There's been a small amount of activity on my StackOverflow question (which is YouTube's official support channel for this kind of stuff) but nothing concrete. The problem with filing an official bug report with YouTube is that 1) they need a way to reproduce the issue, which is difficult because this issue seems to be somewhat random and 2) they are generally very slow at responding to bug requests.

I'm hoping that regenerating an API key will be the universal workaround that we can suggest..

#6 Gerry Potratz

Gerry Potratz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:28 AM

Extremely frustrating, I agree. Have you tried generating a new API key and loading it into TubePress? That seems to have helped many users.

There's been a small amount of activity on my StackOverflow question (which is YouTube's official support channel for this kind of stuff) but nothing concrete. The problem with filing an official bug report with YouTube is that 1) they need a way to reproduce the issue, which is difficult because this issue seems to be somewhat random and 2) they are generally very slow at responding to bug requests.

I'm hoping that regenerating an API key will be the universal workaround that we can suggest..

Once the clock passed midnight PDT the problem is solved only to happen again later today if the past is any predictor of the future and this problem.  If I can't make any progress on this, on my own I will generate another key, however that may only be temporary solution, if the problem is malformed API requests on client side.

#7 swthate

swthate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:19 AM

I just noticed today that I'm getting the same error as well.

I tried making a new API key, but now I'm receiving the following error:

YouTube responded with an error: Bad Request

If I had enough points on StackOverflow I'd bump up your question!

Update:

Actually I think it's working now, there are just some issues with a few particular playlists.

#8 Gerry Potratz

Gerry Potratz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:26 AM

I just noticed today that I'm getting the same error as well.

I tried making a new API key, but now I'm receiving the following error:

YouTube responded with an error: Bad Request

If I had enough points on StackOverflow I'd bump up your question!

I am exceeding my quota every day and getting about half a day of acceptable operation per day and then starting over when Google resets the counter.  I suspect this problem is wide spread and others will realize it eventually :-)

#9 swthate

swthate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:36 AM

I am exceeding my quota every day and getting about half a day of acceptable operation per day and then starting over when Google resets the counter.  I suspect this problem is wide spread and others will realize it eventually :smile:

I blame Google's new logo!!  :wink:

#10 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:42 PM

I've just filed a bug report with YouTube. Please "star" that issue to draw attention to it and track updates, if you'd like.