These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Featured (not thumbnail) Video description

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Saurabh Gupta

Saurabh Gupta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:17 PM

Hi,

I wanted a functionality where the video description (of only the featured video, not the thumbnails) shows up at the bottom of the featured video. Was wondering if that would be possible with the following option from the appearance menu: play each video (at the top of your gallery)

Many Thanks,

Saurabh

#2 Gillian Sullivan

Gillian Sullivan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

Hello Eric:

Pre-Sales Original Question was asking the same and also incorporating a link:

Pepper wrote: When a hyperlink is present in a video Description, is this hyperlink still active within the Description that shows up on my website using TubePress?

Eric wrote: Currently no, though this should be relatively easy to accomplish with TubePress 2.2.5 as it offers a plugin infrastructure. If you upgrade to TubePress Pro I'll be happy to walk you through the steps on how to achieve this. In the next few days I'll be publishing documentation on how to write plugins for TubePress, so you other option is to wait until then to see if you're up for doing it yourself.

Would it be possible to point me in the right direction for this info please? We upgraded to Pro on Friday and are anxious to get this hyperlink option within the Featured video link description into play.

I decided it wasn't a Pre-Sale question anymore and since Saurabh posted the same question with regard to getting the Featured Video Description, hope it was okay to tag along on this thread.

Thank you - Jilly

#3 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:18 PM

Hi Jilly,

I'm going to PM you the solution, as I'd like to keep it reserved for TubePress Pro members. Stand by for the how to!

Eric

#4 Kory Mathewson

Kory Mathewson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:06 PM

I would be curious as well!

Thanks eric.

#5 Matt Fay

Matt Fay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:05 PM

Eric, Can you PM me those instructions on how to accomplish adding the video description underneath the main video window?

#6 J Smooth

J Smooth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

Hi Eric; I'd really like these instructions too, please. I'd be happy to upgrade to the Pro version if necessary.

#7 George Loch

George Loch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

I need this as well. Can you publish this publicly?

-gl