These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Are Front Page Widgets Not Supported In The New 4.1 Environment?

Best Answer Jen Ras, 19 May 2015 - 07:02 PM

I downloaded the newest version 4_1_8 and I get a YouTube: Bad Request error. Not sure if Im missing something .. i did setup an API key but i dont see in Tubepress settings where it gets set. 

I figured this out, thanks. I hadn't entered my API key into the newer version Feed. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jen Ras

Jen Ras

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:35 PM

I just want to be clear on the information @  http://community.tub...ss-free-trial/  which says:

This is the free trial version of TubePress Pro. While you may use and upgrade the software indefinitely, please note the following limitations:

• Works only as a WordPress plugin, and only in posts/pages (i.e. no custom templates)

Does this mean that front page widgets will no longer be available in the PRO version?

I am not limited to the WP version, I have a full instance of WP / PHP and have already created an API key per instructions here but have not yet downloaded and installed the free trial.

Front page capabilities are imperative to the client site I'm updating.

Thanks!

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:36 PM

Jen,

This does not mean that the front page widget is not available, simply that you can not create customer themes for TubePress, and it is limited to three thumbnails, among other things.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 Jen Ras

Jen Ras

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:02 PM   Best Answer

I downloaded the newest version 4_1_8 and I get a YouTube: Bad Request error. Not sure if Im missing something .. i did setup an API key but i dont see in Tubepress settings where it gets set. 

I figured this out, thanks. I hadn't entered my API key into the newer version Feed.