These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Remove Tubepress

Best Answer eric, 25 April 2015 - 01:00 AM

Hello Ivaylo, just sharing.

If I may suggest, I have installed this plugin to help with preventing spammers :

https://wordpress.or...rations-plugin/

After installation, amongst this plugin's settings you will find "Other WP Options". When you access the page you will find a listing of plugin settings which are either autoload "no" or "yes". If you check the listing you may find some settings of plugins which you have deleted but which are still set to autoload "yes". With great care (I repeat with great care) you can set to autoload "no" any remnants of settings of earlier versions of tubepress that you may find in the listing.

This has worked great for me, and although I do have access to PHPMyAdmin to make changes to database settings, nowadays I prefer to make changes to autoload settings right from the WordPress admin panel. I am just saying what has been my experience. Please research further before you actually try it. The slightest mistake you make may cause a database error, so please be careful. 

Thanks.

Great tip - thanks!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ivaylo Chebaev

Ivaylo Chebaev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:05 AM

Hello!

I have problem with removing the TubePress. I want to remove everythin (files, settings and all things). I try from WordPress control panel to do that but after installation of new TubePress the old settings is active again. 

If someone know how to do it, ca help me. 

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:51 PM

Hello,

You can simply uninstall TubePress and this will remove all traces except the settings, which are written into the WordPress dB and I don't believe there is an easy way to remove them.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 nashamiki

nashamiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:16 AM

If I may suggest, I have installed this plugin to help with preventing spammers :

After installation, amongst this plugin's settings you will find "Other WP Options". When you access the page you will find a listing of plugin settings which are either autoload "no" or "yes". If you check the listing you may find some settings of plugins which you have deleted but which are still set to autoload "yes". With great care (I repeat with great care) you can set to autoload "no" any remnants of settings of earlier versions of tubepress that you may find in the listing.

This has worked great for me, and although I do have access to PHPMyAdmin to make changes to database settings, nowadays I prefer to make changes to autoload settings right from the WordPress admin panel. I am just saying what has been my experience. Please research further before you actually try it. The slightest mistake you make may cause a database error, so please be careful. 

Thanks.

#4 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:00 AM   Best Answer

Thanks.

Great tip - thanks!