These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Shortcodes Displaying Same Playlist

Best Answer fivegroup, 26 February 2015 - 11:21 PM

That seems to have fixed it!  Just need to go back in and adjust my CSS to make it responsive and full screen.  Thanks for your help!!

Jb

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 fivegroup

fivegroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

I've got one page with two shortcodes displaying two different playlists. The first one seems to be working properly, but the second is displaying the same videos as the first.

Here are my two shortcodes:

[tubepress mode="playlist" playlistValue="PL0--XdbcBkqcSiyPvR7u0LNuASLueyhNk" orderby="newest"]

[tubepress mode="playlist" playlistValue="PL0--XdbcBkqdrFJrkHwrhHf_ysgzYitPG" orderby="newest"]

Here is my settings in the backend:
http://prntscr.com/66elaf

It seems as if it's hard coded to display the first playlist only, no matter what I put into either shortcode it only displays the one playlist, or breaks completely if it's an invalid playlist value.

Any ideas?

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:50 PM

Hello,

This provides two separate galleries in my test environment.  Can you provide a link to the page where you are having an issue?  If you don't wish to make it public, you can always PM it to me.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 fivegroup

fivegroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:57 PM

http://www.divedayclub.com/videos/

Thanks for your help!

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:42 PM

Can you also please make sure TubePress debug is enabled so we can see what's going on behind the scenes.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 fivegroup

fivegroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:50 PM

TubePress debug has been enabled.

Thanks for your help!!

#6 fivegroup

fivegroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:09 PM

Hi there,

Just following up on this, any luck detecting a possible cause here?

Thanks again!

Jb

#7 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:26 AM

Jb, sorry for the delay

The debug output shows two different issues.

First:

[2015-02-26 05:21:28] [WARNING] Memory Execution Context: Ignoring invalid value for "playlistValue" (Invalid value supplied for "This YouTube playlist".)

What version of tubepress are you using?

As you can see here, Tubepress is encoding your playlist value incorrectly, which I believe was fixed in the newest version

2015-02-26 05:21:28] [DEBUG] Shortcode Parser: Name-value pair detected: playlistValue = "0–XdbcBkqdrFJrkHwrhHf_ysgzYitPG" (unfiltered)
[2015-02-26 05:21:28] [DEBUG] Shortcode Parser: Name-value pair detected: playlistValue = "0–XdbcBkqdrFJrkHwrhHf_ysgzYitPG" (filtered)

Second interesting thing is that you have the same shortcode for both playlists.

Thanks!

#8 fivegroup

fivegroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:14 AM

I believe I may have tried putting the same playlist in both shortcodes as an experiment, but I've got them back to the way they should be now.

I'm running version 3.1.6 http://prntscr.com/69ys2t

Where do I go from here?

Thanks for your help!

#9 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:08 PM

FiveGroup,

Are you also running wordpress 4.0?  If so, you'll need to update your TubePress version to the latest version (4.0.8), which has fixes for this encoding error that Wordpress 4.x causes.

Thanks!

#10 fivegroup

fivegroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:11 PM

I believe I downloaded the plugin fresh from your website a few days ago?

Jb

#11 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:18 PM

This is the latest version,  http://community.tub...ess-free-trial/

We've been on 4.x since at least the beginning of the year.

Please note that ALL version prior to 4.0 will stop to function within the next 30-60 days when the providers shut off their old APIs.

Thanks!

#12 fivegroup

fivegroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:21 PM   Best Answer

That seems to have fixed it!  Just need to go back in and adjust my CSS to make it responsive and full screen.  Thanks for your help!!

Jb

#13 fivegroup

fivegroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:09 PM

So with this new version it's only displaying a few additional videos:

Want this: http://prntscr.com/6d6ilw

Getting this: http://prntscr.com/6d6jl3

Am I missing a setting somewhere?