These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Tubepress Express - Vimeo All Access

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 android9238457

android9238457

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:03 PM

Hi,

Sorry if obvious, but can't see the option for giving Vimeo All Access details when using TubePress Express, as shown here: http://docs.tubepres...ess/index.html?Can't see the pane on the 'Feed' tab?

Also, is TubePress Express definitely not going to be dropped imminently / no updated as other versions are - I'd assume not but would ideally like some reassuring words as it seems to have a somewhat separate existence!?

Many thanks.

#2 android9238457

android9238457

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:31 PM

Ah, right might just be that you have to purchase the add-on for it to appear? There is no mention of having to do that on the webpage (above) in that section, secretly hoped it would be free for those versions! :) However, looking at the WordPress category looks more likely that that isn't the case. Maybe update the documentation to make clear that a purchase is necessary even for cloud-based installations?

#3 android9238457

android9238457

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:56 PM

Nope, have changed my mind again! Have to add components to the WordPress installation, and Express is advertised as having all plugins developed by TubePress? Does Express just not offer Vimeo All Access?

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:08 PM

I have notified our developers and placed and inquiry with them, as you are correct in that TubePress Express is supposed to contain all of the paid plugins that you can purchase for TubePress Pro.

In regards to updating TubePress Express, there is no plans of abandoning it/stopping to update/improve it.

I'll let you know about the All Access

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 android9238457

android9238457

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:33 AM

OK great, thanks for looking into it. Another query, about the solution, if using the PHP implementation, for getting password protected Vimeo Albums on TubePress as proposed here: http://community.tub...s-in-vimeo-pro/ and here http://community.tub...d-vimeo-albums/

1. Does this still work?

2. Is Vimeo All Access required?

3. Can you think of any hypothetical way (I have 0 experience with such things) of implementing our own authentication on a website, which then allows access to certain password protected albums - basically hide the password until the user has authenticated. Could you run two versions of TubePress, one who's files are behind an authentication solution? Is there a way of having the password value reference a file that is protected, or a value someone enters? I'd get someone who understands this stuff to actually sort it out, so don't need the technicalities, just wondering if you think that such a thing is achievable, and whether you might be able to think of a general principle they could employ?

Thanks again!

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:46 PM

1) Yes, this still works

2) No, Vimeo All Access is not required, they are different things

3) I do believe that it would be possible to implement the solution you described, however that level of assistance is beyond the scope of these forums.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!