These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Using Object Vs. Iframe Embed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jspike

jspike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:43 PM

Im trying to do a work-around with the Youtube player so it uses the object vs. the iframe embed. Iframe shows black bars on the side and I want the preview image to be 100% across the playback area. Most of this is re-worked from the EmbedPlus player (which works great with my issue of having black bars ) but is unacceptable for my client:  

<object id="<?php echo ${tubepress_api_const_template_Variable::VIDEO_DOM_ID}; ?>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="<?php echo ${tubepress_api_const_template_Variable::EMBEDDED_WIDTH}; ?>" height="<?php echo intval(${tubepress_api_const_template_Variable::EMBEDDED_HEIGHT}) + 32; ?>" data="<?php echo ${tubepress_api_const_template_Variable::EMBEDDED_DATA_URL}; ?>">

<param name="movie" value="<?php echo ${tubepress_api_const_template_Variable::EMBEDDED_DATA_URL}; ?>" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="flashvars" value="ytid=<?php echo ${tubepress_api_const_template_Variable::VIDEO_ID}; ?>&width=<?php echo ${tubepress_api_const_template_Variable::EMBEDDED_WIDTH}; ?>&height=<?php echo ${tubepress_api_const_template_Variable::EMBEDDED_HEIGHT}; ?>&hd=1" />

<iframe class="cantembedplus" title="YouTube video player" width="<?php echo ${tubepress_api_const_template_Variable::EMBEDDED_WIDTH}; ?>" height="<?php echo ${tubepress_api_const_template_Variable::EMBEDDED_HEIGHT}; ?>" src="<?php echo ${tubepress_api_const_template_Variable::EMBEDDED_DATA_URL}; ?>" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
</object>

I get a broke video, along with a player that no longer fits my dimensions.

#2 jspike

jspike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:46 PM

FYI Im editing the following file: 

/wp-content/plugins/tubepress_pro_3_1_5/src/main/php/add-ons/youtube/resources/templates/embedded/youtube.tpl.php

#3 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:03 PM

Hello svorass,

This level of customization is beyond the scope of the assistance offered by our staff.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!