These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Tubepress On Specific Pages In 4.0

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 billy_mac

billy_mac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

I have a conflict with tubepress and my real estate property lsitings (IDX plugin).  I just realized today thalt anyone using IE (IE 9 at least) or the windows version of Safari can not see property lsiting slide shows for anyproperty in the MLS.

You can see the problem on a listing  here.

These are the only two pages I actually need tubepress loaded:  page 1, and page 2.

(BTW, It didn't work in the stable release either, and that's why I tried the latest beta instead).

The property slideshows fail to load in IE and safari when tubepress is activated.  Well, .....they load for a split second, and then a message appears that says Slideshows fail to load.  As soon as I disable tubepress, they work again.   I can probably solve this issue if I can just load the tubepress JS and css on the two pages only that have tubepress video libraries (I have two video pages, and that's the only two pages out of 300+ pages that need the tubepress scripts).  

I saw a thread about this here: http://community.tub...assets-load-on/   but does this still apply for your newest beta, or is there a different way to load the plugin js for specific pages, and not to haev the js code appear on any other pages?
The code doesnt seem to work when I try it in my functions file.

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:53 PM

Hello Billy,

You should still be able to follow those directions and cause tubepress to load only on the pages that you require it to, although in looking I could not find any conflicts that would prevent your IDX plugin from working properly.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 billy_mac

billy_mac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:58 PM

hmmmn, thanks for the reply.   WHenever I activate tubepress, in IE9 and safari for windows, the property slideshows say they can not display.  Then, I deactive tubepress and the property slideshows work again.

I tried that code however, and it doesnt seem to make a difference...  the slideshows still fail when tubepress is activated ...but only in safari and IE9

...I dont see the file in the 4.0 version (the other thread that I was referring to to enqueue only on the two pages:
DefaultFrontEndCssAndJsInjector.php

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:29 PM

Hi Billy,

I've asked one of our developers to look into this for you.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:16 PM

I traced down the bug. From what I can see, it's neither TubePress nor the IDX plugin that's at fault. IE 9 and below has a limit of 31 stylesheets (CSS files) on any given webpage. When you have TubePress activated, it's the straw that breaks the camel's back for IE9 and IDX refuses to load its CSS.

I was not able to reproduce the issue with the latest Safari on Windows.

The solution is to limit the number of CSS files that you use. I would strongly suggest using something like WP Super Cache to combine multiple files into one. This will fix the issue and dramatically improve your site's performance.

Hope that helps..

#6 billy_mac

billy_mac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:20 PM

aahaa... interesting.   Thanks for your insight.

ok, I use wp-engine, so I can't use wp-cache plugin to do that.  They disallow wp-cache.

I will look into how I can accomplish that though.   Thanks!!

#7 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:21 PM

Anything to combine your CSS files into one should work. I'm guessing WP Engine has suggestions on an a solution.

Good luck and keep us posted. Thanks!