These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Help! Tubepress Shortcode Doesn't Work In Visual Composer Correctly

Best Answer TubePress LLC, 05 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

This has been resolved in TubePress 4.0.3. TubePress now uses add_shortcode and the rest of the shortcode API, so it should integrate perfectly with other WP plugins and themes.

You can download the free trial from here or TubePress Pro from here.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Thanh Parker

Robert Thanh Parker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

Help, I am trying to use the normal tubepress shortcode to work in WP Bakery's Visual Composer, but while it works (that is, it properly shows the videos, no other content below it will display.

Edit-Page---Rekko---WordPress-and-Motoro

Here is what it looks like on the actual page:

rtphomepage2---Rekko-and-Motorola-Connec

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

Hello Robert,

Can you provide a link to a page where you are having this issue so I can take a look and troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 Clovis Delmotte

Clovis Delmotte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:13 AM

Hey. :)

I'm getting exactly the same using Visual Composer and TubePress.

here's a link to the page in question: http://bluehouseprod...deo-production/

Here is Theme.Co X Support answer to a previous inquiry about this:

4afbbfb5d5.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thank you,

C

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:44 PM

Hi CLovis,

It appears that you are not using TubePress on your site anymore.

If you would like us to troubleshoot, you must have a  tubepress shortcode somewhere on your site.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 Clovis Delmotte

Clovis Delmotte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:22 AM

I am still using TubePress everywhere on my site. I just removed it from the spots that were breaking it.

Let me duplicate the page and restore tubepress.

#6 Clovis Delmotte

Clovis Delmotte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:00 AM

http://bluehouseprod...n-tubepres-dev/

Here you go. ^

There's suppose to be more elements bellow the TubePress but they aren't showing up. Additionally, the tubepress isn't centered or loading in the container it's suppose to.

#7 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:48 PM

Hi Clovis,

It appears that your theme is placing the tubepress div outside of the appropriate div.  Are you using the visual or text editor for placing the [tubepress] shortcode?

Thanks!

#8 Clovis Delmotte

Clovis Delmotte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:34 AM

I'm pasting it in the text editor but I know I've tried both in Visual Composer.

Thanks,

C

#9 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:40 PM

Clovis,

The [tubepress] shortcode works perfectly on thousands of peoples pages with hundreds, if not thousands of different themes.  If TubePress did not 'follow the standard embedded of its evaluated content' then it wouldn't be used by people, because it wouldn't work right.

If you are willing, you can PM me some credentials to look at your site along with the link and I'll take a look internally and see if I can find an issue.

Thanks!

#10 Clovis Delmotte

Clovis Delmotte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:00 AM

Clovis,

The [tubepress] shortcode works perfectly on thousands of peoples pages with hundreds, if not thousands of different themes.  If TubePress did not 'follow the standard embedded of its evaluated content' then it wouldn't be used by people, because it wouldn't work right.

If you are willing, you can PM me some credentials to look at your site along with the link and I'll take a look internally and see if I can find an issue.

Thanks!

First and foremost, thank you for all your help up to this point. :)

I know TubePress does an excellent job (reason we picked it) and is used across thousands of sites and themes side by side to other plugins. I'm not here to argue to make blunt statements like TubePress is coded badly, etc.... This is a conflict between two different plugins which has apparently happened in the past for other users.

I'm going to PM you Cred's and the address so you can take a look at it. :)

Thanks for your help up to this point,

Clovis

#11 Clovis Delmotte

Clovis Delmotte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

Sent you a PM. :)

If theres anything else I can get you.

#12 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:33 PM

Hey Clovis,

So the way the editor that you installed works makes it quite difficult.  TubePress creates two DIVS when the gallery is created.  There is the first DIV that has the player in it, and then a second DIV that contains the TubePress thumbnails.

The way your editor/theme works is that you place the shortcode into a 'text' area and that's the div.  So, TubePress's main video appears perfectly in this situation, however the thumbnails appear out side of the DIV that they should be in.

I am not quite sure how to fix this, but I have asked our Developer if it is possible.

Thanks!

#13 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:37 PM

I finally found what I believe is a fairly simple workaround. ThemeCo's visual editor seems to want at least one shortcode inside that text area, so I added an "empty" video shortcode next to TubePress's shortcode:

[tubepress mode="playlist" playlistValue="PL95E5965A678AFF8E"][video]

In my testing (thank you for the login credentials!) this puts TubePress inside the div correctly. Please have a look at your test site and let us know.

#14 Allshookup

Allshookup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:01 PM

I have tried the playlist solution and the video still does not resize correctly. It looks fine on larger displays but on mobile devices half the video player is cut off.

Here is a link to the development site.

http://dev.jerrysave...sion-broadcast/

If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

#15 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:41 AM

Allshookup, is this issue related to the original post?

If not, could you please start a new post and put as much detail about the issue as you are having so as to better assist us in troubleshooting. Also, please ensure that you have TubePress Debugging enabled.

Thanks!

#16 brettshumaker

brettshumaker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:36 PM

Hey all - I'm running into this problem as well.

The problem only occurs if [tubepress] is the last piece of text in the row. If there's anything after the shortcode, it works totally fine and gets put in the correct spot. The workaround posted by Eric does work, but is there going to be an actual fix for this? Tubepress is clearly doing something out of the ordinary while outputting the shortcode content. 

I've mapped the [tubepress] shortcode to a VC element and that works fine, meaning that it outputs the content of the shortcode but still goes in the incorrect spot if it is the last piece of text in the row. I tried getting around this by mapping the Tubepress VC element to my own shortcode that simply served as a wrapper for [tubepress][video]. (Code below) This resulted in WordPress, for some reason, not evaluating the [tubepress] shortcode while it did evaluate the [video] shortcode.

function tubepress_output( $atts ) {

$output = do_shortcode('[tubepress][video]');
	return $output;

}
add_shortcode( 'tubepress-test', 'tubepress_output' );

As Clovis said, I do like using Tubepress but I do believe it's doing something 'strange' with the shortcode output.

I can give links as needed.

#17 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:49 AM

Brett,

You can submit a bug/feature request here: https://github.com/t...els/enhancement

Thanks!

#18 Tevya Washburn - FS

Tevya Washburn - FS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

I just had a client contact me with this problem too. Same X theme. Not sure if it's the way the theme implements Visual Composer, or if it's just the Visual Composer + TubePress combination. But either way, it's definitely not ideal to add a [video] shortcode after each, though it does work.

EDIT: was this added as a feature request or anything? I'd like to add my +1 to that feature request.

#19 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

hello tevya,

the feature request can be found here: https://github.com/t...ress/issues/600

thanks!

#20 TubePress LLC

TubePress LLC

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:50 PM   Best Answer

This has been resolved in TubePress 4.0.3. TubePress now uses add_shortcode and the rest of the shortcode API, so it should integrate perfectly with other WP plugins and themes.

You can download the free trial from here or TubePress Pro from here.