These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Only First Video Working?

Best Answer eric, 30 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

@jcpennyrealty

The problem I see on your site is that you're loading multiple instances of jQuery. This often causes sporadic breaking of functionality, which explains why when I visited your site yesterday everything seemed to work OK. Please check out the documentation from that link and let us know how it works for you. Thanks

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 blogilates

blogilates

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:59 PM

I've been using Tubepress for at least a year and over the past month or so, when you click a video, it no longer does anything. Anyone know why? Here's a link to an example.

http://www.blogilates.com/legs-thighs/

Any help would be appreciated!!

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

hi blogilates,

It appears that TubePress is nested inside of a number of unnecessary <div> tags.  For starters, please try removing all of those unnecessary <div> tags and then try again.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 blogilates

blogilates

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:12 AM

Thanks for the response Brandon. I believe I got rid of the <div> tags but there is still a problem. :/

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:01 PM

Hello,

It appears that tubepress is still within those nested DIV tags (see image)

Thanks

Attached File  2014-07-22_18-00-19.png   467.19KB   0 downloads

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 blogilates

blogilates

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

Hm, do you know where in wordpress I would go to take those out?

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

I would try inputting the tubepress shortcode from the text editor instead of the visual editor.

This should eliminate the <div>'s

thanks!

#7 blogilates

blogilates

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

Tried that and it is still doing the exact same thing :/

#8 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

Hi blogilates,

Unfortunately, I don't know your theme but I would recommend speaking with the theme's programmer and see if they can assist you.

Also, just out of curiosity, are you using any sort of Caching or Minifying plugins?

Thanks!

#9 blogilates

blogilates

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

No caching or minifying plugins as far as I know. Tubepress was working for me for over a year so it is weird that now it isn't..I'll see if someone else can help...

#10 jcpennyrealty

jcpennyrealty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

We are having the same problem but we use vimeo.

==> http://www.jcpennyre...jc-penny-media/

What can I do to fix it?

#11 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

Blogilates,

Could you try one more thing for me.  Please disable ALL PLUGINS except TubePress, then test and see if TubePress is working.  If it is, please turn on each plugin, one at a time, and test TubePress each time.

Please let me know your results.

Thanks

#12 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

Blogilates and JC Penny Realty,

It appears that you are actually both being affected by the same issue.

For some reason, your sites are placing the gallery.js file in the following location:

/undefined/src/main/web/js/gallery.js

Instead of where it should be which is:

\wp\wp-content\plugins\tubepress_pro_3_1_6\src\main\web\js/gallery.js

I would suggest uninstalling/reinstalling TubePress plugin as a first step.

Let us know!

Thanks!

#13 blogilates

blogilates

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:40 AM

I tried removing all the plugins other than Tubepress but had the same issue so it is not clashing with other plugins. I also tried deleting the Tubepress plugin and reinstalling and am still having the same problem.

#14 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

blogilates,

could you please provide me the shortcode that you are using, as well as what player option?  If you don't want to post publicly, please send them to me via a Private Message. I would like to test them in my dev environment.

Thanks!

#15 blogilates

blogilates

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

Hi Brandon, I sent you a private message. Hope to hear back from you soon so we can get this resolved. Thanks!

#16 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

I've been using Tubepress for at least a year and over the past month or so, when you click a video, it no longer does anything. Anyone know why? Here's a link to an example.

http://www.blogilates.com/legs-thighs/

Any help would be appreciated!!

Hi,

I took a look at your site, and it appears that you are using mod_pagespeed to minify/combine the scripts on your page. You can tell by looking at the HTML source where you will see a bunch of references to "pagespeed". TubePress 3.x.x and below gets confused when combined with other scripts like this. This is fixed in the upcoming TubePress 4.0.0 which is nearing its first public beta.

The solution in the meantime is to configure mod_pagespeed to not minify tubepress.js. That should resolve the issue completely. You can ask your hosting provider for assistance if need be - they should be able to assist. Feel free to send them a link to this post if you'd like.

Hope that helps? Let us know - thanks!

#17 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

We are having the same problem but we use vimeo.

==> http://www.jcpennyre...jc-penny-media/

What can I do to fix it?

Looks like you were able to resolve your issue? Let us know - gracias

#18 jcpennyrealty

jcpennyrealty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

Looks like you were able to resolve your issue? Let us know - gracias

Hola Eric! No, not yet. Still have the problem.

#19 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:46 PM   Best Answer

@jcpennyrealty

The problem I see on your site is that you're loading multiple instances of jQuery. This often causes sporadic breaking of functionality, which explains why when I visited your site yesterday everything seemed to work OK. Please check out the documentation from that link and let us know how it works for you. Thanks

#20 blogilates

blogilates

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:55 AM

Thanks Eric! Do you have an estimate of when Tubepress 4.0.0 will release in Beta?