These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Tubepress Refuses To Do Anything But Embed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dballing

dballing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:58 PM

I've got TubePress Pro and the Vimeo Pro add-on. I've downloaded both the shadowbox and jwplayer files downloaded and installed according to the directions.

When I do:

$vimeoSecurity = {{{   all of my security credentials }}
print TubePressPro::getHtmlForShortcode("$vimeoSecurity video='89611236' playerLocation='shadowbox' theme='vimeo' views='false' length='false'");

I've also tried:

print TubePressPro::getHtmlForShortcode("$vimeoSecurity video='89611236' playerLocation='shadowbox' playerImplementation='longtail' theme='vimeo' views='false' length='false'");
print TubePressPro::getHtmlForShortcode("$vimeoSecurity video='89611236' playerLocation='popup' theme='vimeo' views='false' length='false'");
print TubePressPro::getHtmlForShortcode("$vimeoSecurity video='89611236' playerLocation='vimeo' theme='vimeo' views='false' length='false'");

It just displays the embedded-player in the page.  It steadfastly refuses to do anything other than an embedded video.

http://www.girlorama...lips/index2.php.

Anyone have any insight? All I want is a bunch of clickable thumbnails that will pop-up a shadowbox with an individual video. Doesn't seem like it should be this hard.

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

Hello,

It appears that you are attempting to embed a single video, however the TubePress' template when using a single video simply displays the player, such as what you are experiencing.  You should try modifying the TubePress template (after making a backup copy of it, of course) and cause it to place a thumbnail with no video player.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 dballing

dballing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

I honestly wouldn't have the first idea where to even look to do that.  Can you give me some pointers on where I'm looking? Searching for "template" in filenames yielded about 40 results, so figuring out where to start would be a cool hint.

On another note - Why would that be the only available behavior? EMBEDDING single videos is something that can be done trivially without tubepress in the first place. 

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

Hello,

Here is a link to the tutorial for building a custom theme: http://nextdocs.read...emes/index.html

To answer your second question, embedding is not the only option, however you are using tubepress to display a single video, unlike most users who use tubepress to display an entire gallery/playlist of videos to their users, which they usually would either A) like a video at the top that plays the user selected video, or they use one of the other players.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!