These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Tubepress Video Popups Are Blank (wordpress)

wordpress thumbnails youtube

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bcoulson

bcoulson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

How do I fix blank video popups on this Wordpress site? http://anetteprehn.com/blog (Click the right column videos)

What I tried so far:

• I re-installed TubePress 3.1.5.
  • I temporarily activated the Twenty Fourteen theme.
  • I also temporarily disabled all plugins except TubePress.

Other Information:

• I'm using the TubePress widget with this shortcode:  [tubepress thumbHeight='105' thumbWidth='135' resultsPerPage='10']
  • When I test TubePress on my localhost server, the video popups work.

Thank you for your time,
Bryce

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:35 PM

Hello Bryce,

The reason for the white pop-up is: NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - http://anetteprehn.c...jaxEndpoint.php

Once you fix your permissions on the ajaxEndpoint.php file, you should be good to go.

Let us know.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 bcoulson

bcoulson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

Hello Brandon,

As far as I can tell, all the folder permissions are 755 and files are 644 (including ajaxEndpoint.php).

I tried temporarily changing the permissions of ajaxEndpoint.php to 777 but it didn't help.

Thanks,
Bryce

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

Hi Bryce,

I would recommend reviewing your logs on your host, and speaking with your hosting providers technical support to see why you received the 403 Forbidden error.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!