These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Videos From Multiple Sources Vimeo And Youtube?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Josh_*

Guest_Josh_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:17 PM

Hi,

I am thinking about upgrading to the Pro account and was wondering if it is possible to make up my gallery with video sources of BOTH Vimeo AND Youtube videos? In the basic version, it only allows you to check one source. I'd like to mix videos from both Vimeo and Youtube.

Thanks!

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

Hello Josh,

Yes with TubePress Pro you can mix providers and have videos from both YouTube and Vimeo.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 Guest_Josh_*

Guest_Josh_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

Hey Brandon,

Thanks for your quick response. I just upgraded to the Pro account and I am still not able to select more that one source. It just toggles between Vimeo and Youtube. Can you please show me where I can change these settings, I am in Wix.

Thanks,

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

Hello Josh,

In order to use multiple sources, you will have to insert the [tubepress] shortcode with the shortcode options that co-orelate to what you want to present via your TubePress gallery.

Example: [tubepress playerLocation="popup" mode="playlist + user" playlistValue="38C155101E0B839F + F679CB240DD4C112" userValue="mysticalforest" theme="youtube" orderBy="published"]

You can find all of the shortcodes and their valid options here:  http://docs.tubepres...ence/index.html

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 Guest_Josh_*

Guest_Josh_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

Okay, so in the Wix Tubepress "App Settings" where do I type all of this in to? Sorry, this is new to me haha. Wix is simplified and this code is a litle complex.

Thanks Brandon,

#6 Guest_Josh_*

Guest_Josh_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

No solution for this then??

#7 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

Hi Josh,

I apologize for the delay, I had asked our developer for some insight into this and he was away on vacation last week and is just getting caught up.

Unfortunately, I was incorrect in that, when using Wix, you are not able to combine multiple video sources, although this is something that we are actively working on getting in place.

I do apologize for the confusion.

Thanks!

#8 Guest_Josh_*

Guest_Josh_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:33 PM

Hey Brandon,

Thanks for the response. Any idea on a timeframe when this feature will be possible? Really, ithe coding just has to be changed so two playlists can be selected instead of just one.

Thanks for your help.

#9 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

Hi Josh,

Unfortunately, I do not have a time frame for when this feature will be available.

Thanks!

#10 Guest_Josh_*

Guest_Josh_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

Hey Brandon,

Any update on this issue yet?

Thanks

#11 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:06 PM

Hi Josh,

I do apologize: There is still no update regarding this feature in Wix.

Thanks!

#12 Guest_AJ_*

Guest_AJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:43 PM

My guess is that it is related to a business decision. It is likely that YouTube will not agree to co-exist with Vimeo on the same platform, or vice-versa.

#13 Guest_AJ_*

Guest_AJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:45 PM

My guess is that it is related to a business decision. It is likely that YouTube will not agree to co-exist with Vimeo on the same platform, or vice-versa.

#14 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

AJ,

This is not actually due to Vimeo and YouTube not wanting to exist on the same platform.  Our TubePress Pro for WordPress and PHP is capable of doing this, however the use on Wix pages has not been finalized due to some backend issues and the way that Wix works.

Thanks!