These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Tubepress gallery not displaying same results as in YouTube

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Larry Both

Larry Both

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:18 AM

Hi Eric, I hope everything is going well with you.

I recently upgraded to Tubepress 2.2.0? and have noticed a drop in traffic so I was looking around my site to try and figure out why. I just checked on of my Tubepress gallery pages and it is not displaying videos from YouTube that are the same as are coming up if searching on YouTube for the same tag/keyword.
The videos are actually random with the exception of the first one returned which is still not related, but does have the 2 words from my tag in it, but not together.

Here is the page: http://www.topcountr...youtube-videos/

and here is the shortcode I am using:
<div>[tubepress mode="tag" tagValue="Chris Young"]</div>

When I go to YouTube and search for Chris Young, with or without quotes, the correct videos come up, just not on my site using Tubepress. I don't think this is happening all the time because I checked a few other pages and they seemed okay. I'll check more pages also.

Thanks,
Larry

(I was holding off on upgrading, and I always hold off, because once something is working I hate to take a chance and make changes...lol). I'd like to purchase Tubepress Pro but I'm afraid of running into problems changing over. Any comments or suggestions on this?

EDIT: Eric, I've removed the current version 2.2.0 and re-installed version 2.0.0 (which I still have on one of my other sites and noticed it was working fine) and everything is working fine as far as displaying the correct videos now. I'm not sure what the problem was. Sorry I couldn't leave the problem live any longer but my traffic has been dropping drastically since I upgraded and I think this had something to do with it because my # of page views per visit also dropped. Anyway, If you'd like, if you haven't already seen this problem, I can set up a duplicate test site non-indexed and try and replicate the problem.