These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Implementation method JW FLV Media Player & LongTail Ads

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mlou elkins

mlou elkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:53 PM

How do I get LongTail Ads to work when using JW FLV Media Player...

I've emailed Longtail and they said they have never worked with TubePress so don't support it. I wanted to purchase the pro version of TubePress, but if I can't get the ads to run through the videos, I won't even be able to use TubePress as my video platform. This would be a shame! Everything else is fantastic!

I have installed the WordPress plugin for the JW Player and am using it with TubePress plugin with implementation method "JW FLV Media Player by LongTail Video". In the JW Player plugin I've entered my ad channel from LongTail Ads into the AdSolution tab, and I've done a few other things like set the player type and selected a few of the plugin from the plugin tab. But TubePress embeds and galleries are still using default player, no ads are appearing and none of the plugins I activated are working.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get the JW Player to show ads, plugins, and player skins to embeded galleries or single videos using the TubePress plugin?

The JW Player plugin alone works correctly (shows ads and viral plugin) but it's not working with TubePress. See example of embedding through JW Player and through TubePress: http://www.cinematic...ey...ougar-town

#2 mlou elkins

mlou elkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

Has anyone done this? Gotten Longtail Ads to run through tubepress using JW Player? Tubepress is the best gallery option I've found but if I can't get the ads to run in videos it's useless to continue with it.

I've even emailed Eric and offered to pay him to get this feature added, but he didn't respond. If anyone has any advice/has done this themselves/can code this for me - please let me know by replying to this post. Thanks.