These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

TubePress Pro - No matching videos - ISSUE - Vimeo

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Willem Marx

Willem Marx

• TubePress Pro
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:00 AM

Hi there,

Hope you can help.

Unfortunately my tubepress pro plugin stopped working on my site http://willemmarx.com/portfolio/video/

I assume something changed on Vimeo side - something with their API, I have checked my server time and seems correct and everything else is in place. It's interesting when I am in WP CMS / tubepress / Which Videos? tab and when I try using "Vimeo search for..." option it works but when it's set to display videos from a certain user it doesn't.

I have upgraded the plugin to your latest pro edition but it still doesn't work.

Please can you have a look at this issue asap.

Thank you for your time

Willem Marx

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

Hi Willem,

It looks like the issue is that there are no video uploads for your Vimeo account: . Presumably those videos were there before? Let me know and I'll be happy to continue to help. Thanks.

#3 Willem Marx

Willem Marx

• TubePress Pro
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:35 AM

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply.

Privacy settings for all videos are set to enable the videos only on http://willemmarx.com/ so that's why can't see them. btw I have tried enabling all permissions for a few videos but that didn't help either. It was working before so I am not sure what is the cause as I didn't make any changes to the tubepress plugin, tubepress settings (vimeo api) or server. Any ideas what is causing this? Thanks

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Willem

#4 Willem Marx

Willem Marx

• TubePress Pro
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:05 AM

Hi Eric,

I have just tried changing the settings in CMS to display the videos from another user and it works! so weird... I didn't change anything and it seems like it only doesn't work for my account. Is there any point to create a new API key? Thanks

I have double checked privacy settings and it all seems fine.

Willem

#5 Willem Marx

Willem Marx

• TubePress Pro
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:16 AM

I have just tried changing the settings for one of my videos so anyone can see it and anywhere (web, my site vimeo etc..) and it WORKS - this means that something is not working as it was in between Vimeo privacy settings and Tubepress - this is why videos are not displayed. Any ideas?

Best,

Willem

#6 Willem Marx

Willem Marx

• TubePress Pro
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:38 AM

Hi,

For the moment I have enabled all permissions for all of my videos so you can see my videos on http://willemmarx.co...rtfolio/video/. When possible please can you test this issue out? thanks "when privacy settings are not enabled in Vimeo account tubepress doesn't show any videos (at least on my site)"

Thank you for your time

Best,

Willem

#7 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hi Willem,

OK, I see that your videos now are entirely public, and your gallery at http://willemmarx.com/portfolio/video/. I'm having a bit of trouble following the chain of events (please forgive me!), but here's how I see it based on what you've written:

• A week or two ago, your privacy settings were to set only allow views from willemmarx.com. Your gallery was working normally.
  • Suddenly your gallery stopped working.
  • You tried to make public a few videos, but still no luck with your gallery.
  • You made all your videos public, and the gallery is working again
Is that the right chain of events?

What happens if you take just one of the currently visible videos and change the privacy settings back to "only embedded on willemmarx.com"? I think TubePress's debug output will be able to tell us what's going on. Let me know if you're willing/able to try this experiment with one video and I'll be glad to take a look again.

Thank you!

#8 Willem Marx

Willem Marx

• TubePress Pro
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:05 AM

Hi Eric,

I have set the privacy settings back to "only embedded on willemmarx.com" on one of the videos. Hope this helps.

About the "chain of events" - yes that was the right chain of events although I think that the first time when I enabled all permissions on a few videos I didn't really do it properly so that's why it wasn't working yet, later when I tried again enabling all permissions only on one video it WORKED!

Please let me know if I can help in any other way.

Happy Easter and thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,

Joze

#9 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

Which video did you make private? Did you have 16 videos total? I see 15 videos when I visit http://willemmarx.co.../?...debug=true) shows that Vimeo is only feeding us 15 videos. I'm trying to understand the behavior of a video, in terms of the Vimeo API, of what happens when a video is restricted to a domain.

Thanks for your patience in working this out!

#10 Willem Marx

Willem Marx

• TubePress Pro
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:15 AM

Hi Eric,

Actually I have 18 videos all together (3 of them are private now). These videos are private ).

Hope this helps. Thank you for your time

Best,

Willem

#11 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:10 PM

OK, got it. So best I can tell, and this was your suspicion from the get go, Vimeo changed the way their API works. Even when we take TubePress out of the picture completely, by using Vimeo's API playground, they're still only feeding us 15 videos. We're going to have to find another privacy setting that accomplishes the setup you had before.

Could you post a screenshot of your privacy controls page? Since I don't have Vimeo Plus, it's difficult for me to identify the available options. I assume it looks the same as my regular account, except with the option of domain privacy.

#12 Willem Marx

Willem Marx

• TubePress Pro
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:50 AM

Hi Eric,

Thank you for all your help so far.

Please find attached the screenshot.

Let me know if you need anything else

Best Regards,

Willem

[attachment=0]wm_privacysettings.jpg[/attachment]

#13 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:29 PM

Cool, thanks for sharing that screen. Two questions come to mind:

• When you created your Vimeo API key and secret, you were logged in to Vimeo as user4248614, right? Silly question, I know. But I'm under the impression that the Vimeo API should be feeding you those videos.
  • Have you tried setting "Who can see this video" to "Nobody else"? Curious to see what that would do.
The next step, if this still isn't working, is to open up a support request from the guys at Vimeo. We'll get to the bottom of this!

#14 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:02 AM

Opened a discussion with Vimeo here: