These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Changing Video Source In "which Videos?" Section Is Ignored

Best Answer brandon, 07 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

Hi educa3000,

The reason that the changes you make in the settings panel of Tubepress are not taking effect is caused by the shortcode you are using.

If you remove the mode="vimeoAlbum" and vimeoAlbumValue="1234567" and just simply use [tubepress] then any changes made from within the settings page will affect your gallery.

Please try that out and let us know.

Thanks!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 educa3000

educa3000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

Hello. I'm running TubePress 3.1.5 on WordPress 3.8.

If I try to change the source for the videos under "Which Videos?", the videos displayed in my gallery do not change. Even if I set it to any other option (including the default ones provided, such as "Glacier National Park" or "Pittsburgh Steelers"), or even to a bogus Playlist/Album ID, the gallery still displays the videos inside the original Vimeo album I set up.

I cleared cache - same issue in all browsers (desktop and mobile). I do not have TubePress API cache turned on, but I went into the cache settings and set "Cache expiration time (seconds)" to 10 and "Cache cleaning factor" to 2.

If I deactivate TubePress, the gallery disappears from the page. But after reactivating, the same old videos show up.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

Hi educa3000,

What shortcode are you using on the page where the gallery is?

Also, could you please provide a link to the page where your gallery is, and ensure that from within Settings > TubePress > Advanced that the checkbox next to Enable Debugging is enabled.

If you don't wish to post a link to your site publicly, you are welcome to send it to me in a private message.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:14 PM   Best Answer

Hi educa3000,

The reason that the changes you make in the settings panel of Tubepress are not taking effect is caused by the shortcode you are using.

If you remove the mode="vimeoAlbum" and vimeoAlbumValue="1234567" and just simply use [tubepress] then any changes made from within the settings page will affect your gallery.

Please try that out and let us know.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#4 educa3000

educa3000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

Thank you!!!

So obvious now that you mention it -- I should have realized that!