These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Problems With Playerlocation And Embedded Player

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 philherbert

philherbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

Hi,

I am using the embedded player several times on a single page. The thumbnails appear fine. When I click on the thumbnails the video plays in line. When I specify the playerLocation="jqmodal" I just get the video playing inline, without no popup window. No matter which setting I use for playerLocation, I get no popup window. Can you take a look and advise me please?

Test site can be seen at http://www.authors-u...ve/author-list/

Thanks,

Phil

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

Hi Phil,

Would you please create a page that is using the jqmodal playerLocation.  Would you also please turn on tubepress debugging?

Please reply here once you have done those two things and I'll take a look at your problem.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 philherbert

philherbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:24 AM

Hi Brandon,

Please try this page:

http://www.authors-u...tubepress-test/

I have set it to use jqmodal for playerLocation, and have turned on TubePress debugging.

Best regards,

Phil

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

Hello,

I receive a 404 Error - Not Found when attempting to access the page you linked about.  Is it still up?

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 philherbert

philherbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

Hi Brandon,

Sorry, did a bit of rearranging over the hols. The test page is now at:

http://www.authors-u...tubepress-test/

Regards,

Phil

#6 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

Hi Phil,

It appears that TubePress Debugging is still disabled.  Could you please verify it is enabled and let me know?

Thanks!

#7 philherbert

philherbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:09 AM

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for persevering. I'm having lots of problems with the hosting for the last week. Hopefully it is back with debugging enabled now.

Regards,

Phil

#8 philherbert

philherbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

Hi Brandon,

I've updated to Wordpress 3.8, and TubePress 3.1.5 but no changes. 

Test page is: http://www.authors-u...tubepress-test/

Best regards,

Phil

#9 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

Hi Phil,

The reason that the videos are playing inline, instead of in the jqmodal player, is because when you use the video="videoID" command for the shortcode, it causes TubePress to generate HTML for a single video embed

If you would like to have the videos played using jqmodal, please create a playlist that has all of the videos in it and reference that playlist.

Thanks!