These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Suggestions For Trouble Shooting Videos Not Activating

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 peacepilgrim2

peacepilgrim2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

I had put this question before in presale, which was probably wrong.  Let's see if this works better.

I've tried about everything.  Disabling all my other plugins, upgrading the theme and wordpress; disabling tubepress and reenabling.

What's interesting is that the same theme on a different site IS working properly?

When you click a thumbnail or the linked text therein, it does not boot the video.  It starts to and then freezes and the displayed video kind of greys out.  

I did find this under Theme in the Thumbnail tab. Can this explain the problem and how shall I fix it?

The TubePress theme to use for this gallery. Your themes can be found at/home2/robert99/public_html/exposestasi.com/wp-content/tubepress-content/themes, and default themes can be found at/home2/robert99/public_html/exposestasi.com/wp-content/plugins/tubepress/src/main/resources/default-themes.

I do plan to upgrade to pro, but haven't yet.

Is there any help you can give me at this time to try to figure this out?

Thanks!

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

Hi PeacePilgrim,

In order to troubleshoot your website, please follow the directions here: http://tubepress.com...hoot:ClientSide

If you are still unable to figure out the reason that your thumbnails are not working, kindly post a link to your site and we'd be more than happy to take a look.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 peacepilgrim2

peacepilgrim2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hi Brandon,

Yes, I would appreciate if you could take a look: http://exposestasi.com

I tried removing the plugin folder via cpanel, and reinstalling it.  But since my settings were saved, then obviously, I didn't delete everything.  As I had said, I have another site running everything the same and Tubepress IS working.  This site, the tumbnails don't play.  It freezes, before they boot up.  If you need my password, pls email me.

Best,

Robert

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

Hi Robery,

It looks to be a problem with WP Super Cache. Notice that if you look at the HTML source for the video popup (after you click on a thumbnail from the sidebar), towards the end you'll see

<!-- WP Super Cache is installed but broken. The path to wp-cache-phase1.php in wp-content/advanced-cache.php must be fixed! -->

This "extra" content is confusing TubePress, which is expecting pure JSON.

The solution, I guess obviously, is to either disable or correctly configure WP Super Cache. It looks like FAQ #18 here has the answer.

Give that a whirl and let us know what you find. Thanks!

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!