These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Is there any way to improve quality of listed YouTube videos

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Joe Menzies

Joe Menzies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:09 AM

I love the idea of TubePress; it's just that the YouTube videos returned leaves something to be desired. A case in point:

I'm looking for videos on Coronal Mass Ejections, so I add:

[tubepress mode="tag" tagValue="coronal mass ejection"]

...to a blog post. Back come videos featuring Beyonce and other music acts. The videos have nothing to do with Coronal Mass Ejections.

However, if I put this into my browser:

http://www.youtube.c...l ...ection.rss

...I get a load of videos about Coronal Mass Ejections. So it's not a question of there not being videos available. It seems that TubePress just can't find them.

Whatever method TubePress is using to search for videos is pretty bad as I'm seeing a lot of unrelated videos for my search terms.

Is there any way to tighten up the results so they're a much better match for the search terms?

I think it would be helpful if negative keywords could be specified to filter out some types of video (just a suggestion).

I'm using the free version of the plugin, btw. Does the Pro version give better results?

Thanks,

Joe.

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:45 PM

The next version of TubePress, due out shortly, will include greatly improved control over search-based galleries. Stay tuned!