These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Searching For My Channel Displays Random Videos From Youtube

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 awemous

awemous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hi,

Just installed tubepress today but cannot get it to work with a shortcode.

I'm trying to find just my videos on my youtube channel and display those on a page. Here is what I'm using:

[tubepress mode="user" userValue="Auden Guitars"]

Auden Guitars is my channel name.

However, it just displays a huge random list of the most popular Youtube videos. What have I done wrong?

Here's a link: http://audenguitars.com/vids/

#2 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

awemous,

Please try inputting the TubePress shortcode by using the text editor, instead of the visual editor and let us know.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#3 Mylene GT

Mylene GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

....and?

For me, that doesn't work, I'm wondering if it's because I have a french character in the channel's name, here's my channel (notice the user didn't work either, which is  UCON1ijIMv-JR9m0ctRsDBWw? right?

https://www.youtube....v-JR9m0ctRsDBWw

(I will post on many questions because no one that had the same problem as me (can't get it to work) answer back...), I've tried the shortcode and the settings option, nothing works

#4 brandon

brandon

Advanced Member

• TubePress Staff
  • 1989 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

Mylene,

When using "UCON1ijIMv-JR9m0ctRsDBWw" as the user in my TubePress 3.1.2 RC2 test environment, your user videos display with no issues.

Let us know.

Thanks!

Want a faster, more personalized support experience? Open a ticket with us! We will be gradually phasing out forum-based support in favor of a proper ticketing system. Please help us help you!

#5 awemous

awemous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

Thanks for the reply Mylene - I have it going now too and videos display well.