These Forums Are Now Read-Only

For TubePress support, please post a question here or open a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

Photo

Embedding Multiple Instances of TubePress in Jquery UI Tabs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Josh McGilliard

Josh McGilliard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:31 AM

Hi,

I'm using a standalone version of TubePress Pro. I'm working on setting it up with my site and would like to have galleries contained in jquery tabs. However, I'm having problems integrating them with the jquery ui tabs. The height of the tab container does not match the height of the TubePress content.

You can view the problem here:
http://www.kissitohe...org/multimedia/

I found this:
Any component that requires some dimensional computation for its initialization won't work in a hidden tab, because the tab panel itself is hidden via display: none so that any elements inside won't report their actual width and height (0 in most browsers).

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks

#2 eric

eric

Lead Developer

• TubePress Staff
  • 2787 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

Looks like there's two things happening here:

• TubePress's "fluid thumbs" feature is working normally on the first tab, but subsequent tabs appear misaligned as they're hidden until they're clicked on. I would suggest creating a custom TubePress theme and removing the fluid thumb JS. Details on how to do that can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=143&start=10#p940
  • The overflowing thumbnails. Typically this is a result of a CSS float issue. You can start to experiment by adding a "float: left" to you CSS at http://www.kissitohe...on...custom.css. I would start by adding it to the "ui-widget-content" class around line 62. Firebug is your friend, if you're not already using it! What I recommend doing is making sure that if a container/div has a "float:left", like TubePress's container, then you want to make sure that all of its parent containers also have a float:left.
Hope this makes sense. Please let me know what else I can do to help. And I apologize for my delay in responding. I was traveling over the weekend with limited connectivity. Thanks!